TravelTalkOnline

Walk To Happy Bay?

Posted By: markis

Walk To Happy Bay? - 01/30/2024 09:19 PM

Is it possible, or reasonable to walk to Happy Bay from Le Petit Hotel on Grand Case?
Thanks,
Markis
Posted By: pat

Re: Walk To Happy Bay? - 01/30/2024 09:51 PM

Anything’s possible but I think most would not want to make that trip by foot. I know for sure I wouldn’t! 😉😉
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Walk To Happy Bay? - 01/30/2024 10:47 PM

That's a very long walk.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Walk To Happy Bay? - 01/30/2024 11:08 PM

It actually I think it would be doable on a big "if". It is about a 4 minute walk from Le Petit to Rue Happy Bay (Cool Heure Restaurant right there, gets great lunch recommendations). Walk up Rue Happy Bay to the gate, if open keep going straight. If not, go to the right and then left where the wall starts heading towards the beach. Walk up along the wall and not sure if still there but there used to be a spot in the wall that was easy to climb over It was in the first 30 or so feet. From there the walk is easier than from Friars. As for legally walking up that way, hard for me to imagine that anybody would care since almost everything in that area is abandoned.

If you have to walk all the way around to Friars then I would not consider that, but if you are able to access via Rue Happy Bay it is probably easier than the goat trail walk from Friars.
Posted By: dvesc

Re: Walk To Happy Bay? - 01/31/2024 06:18 PM

I've never actually seen the gate open, but, as mentioned, you can go around it through the spot in the wall. The spot was still there and accessible in late December during our last visit. It's not hard to find where to step through. There are definitely signs that say it's private property or do not enter (maybe both), but no one seems to care and people walk that way daily.
Posted By: Stevemech

Re: Walk To Happy Bay? - 02/01/2024 02:06 AM

Markis,

The walk is very possible. The reasonable part would be dependent upon how much you are carrying to the beach for the day. We stay all day and have a cooler, towels and a sun shade tent. Walking conditions are easy after crossing the closed gate to the right side. Of course walking is always dependent upon your fitness level. If you are in good shape, its very easy, if not , it may be a task.
Posted By: kccouple

Re: Walk To Happy Bay? - 02/03/2024 06:28 PM

my wife and I take lots of stuff to beach happy is way too far for us....its kind of a goat path
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline