TravelTalkOnline

St Lucia or Grenada sailing?

Posted By: jphart

St Lucia or Grenada sailing? - 12/07/2020 03:46 AM

We’re considering a sailing breakout in Feb2021 for our experienced three couple group. Thinking of a St. Lucia to Grenada trip. Anybody have any insight into Covid restrictions or entry requirements of either of these areas?
Posted By: tothedogs

Re: St Lucia or Grenada sailing? - 12/07/2020 02:10 PM

I have no Covid experience, but keep in mind that you will be transiting 3 separate countries: St Lucia, St. Vincent/Grenadines, and Grenada. Being the Caribbean, the chances of them all having similar requirements for Covid are not very good. It is a great trip with good sailing and fun places all the way down.
Posted By: Maria_and_Steve

Re: St Lucia or Grenada sailing? - 12/07/2020 05:47 PM

You can read the restrictions here: https://www.noonsite.com/news/novel...-introduced-in-ports-of-entry-worldwide/

Noonsite is just ok, but not the best because it can be a bit dated. Best to check directly with the official government sites.
Posted By: snmhanson

Re: St Lucia or Grenada sailing? - 12/08/2020 08:14 PM

What tothedogs said. We did that exact trip a few years ago and C&I was a pain at times even without Covid. I'd love to do that trip again, but not sure I will go until everyone gets things figured out and mostly under control. You might consider chartering out of St. Vincent to Grenada to minimize C&I requirements. I actually think we'll do that regardless on our next trip as the best stops were south of St. Vincent anyway - at least in my opinion.
Posted By: jphart

Re: St Lucia or Grenada sailing? - 12/09/2020 12:47 AM

Thanks for the advice and insight. Good points all.
Damn this COVID crap!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline