TravelTalkOnline

Outage on the NC outer banks reported in Wa Post

Posted By: JudyG

Outage on the NC outer banks reported in Wa Post - 08/01/2017 01:20 AM

How bad is this? It is a short story and states it could not be resolved for 2 weeks! Anyone there that can elucidate? Family members have 4 families renting on Topsail NC starting Sat Aug 5.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Outage on the NC outer banks reported in Wa Post - 08/01/2017 01:31 PM

I'm not exactly sure where Topsail is, but I assume it is in the affected area?? My understanding is that the outage is expected to be a minimum of a week, and probably two weeks. I feel really badly for all the property owners in the area and all those who planned on vacationing there. I would do a google search for more updated information, but I kind of doubt it will be fixed by this weekend. Best wishes!
Posted By: Snorkeller

Re: Outage on the NC outer banks reported in Wa Post - 08/01/2017 02:31 PM

Topsail is not affected - no where near affected islands. As far as I have read, only affected areas are Hatteras and Ocracoke Islands.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Outage on the NC outer banks reported in Wa Post - 08/01/2017 02:37 PM

Ok, good to hear, for the original poster!!
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: Outage on the NC outer banks reported in Wa Post - 08/01/2017 03:13 PM

Topsail is south of the affected area. My daughter owns a home there and says she is not affected.
Posted By: SXMFOX

Re: Outage on the NC outer banks reported in Wa Post - 08/02/2017 03:38 PM

Judy, just to set your mind at ease, we live on the intercostal just across front North Topsail Beach, just minutes from the beach. This area has no power outages! The power outage is only affecting the lower half of the Outerbanks, which is some 3 to 4 hour drive, to the north of us. So just wanted to let you know. Tell your family to come on down, the power is great, and the weather right NOW is even better! Good luck, and have a Great vacation!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline