TravelTalkOnline

Chicago

Posted By: kenmoore

Chicago - 08/28/2013 02:37 PM

My wife and I are planning on spending 4-5 days in Chicago next summer. My last overnighter there was 15 years ago and it was on an business expense account. Can anyone recommend a nice smaller hotel or B&B that won't break the bank. Do they still offer romantic getaway weekend rates at these hotels.

Thanks.
Posted By: sabysmith

Re: Chicago - 09/18/2013 10:36 AM

Grant reserve, the Chicago Summer promenade Festival's free live performance had hundreds of people promenading the evening away under the stars. And this weekend characteristics the Chicago Air and Water Show, an annual free event that sketches about two million spectators to the lakefront. routinely, it costs cash to get here and stay here. But I discovered a aaround journey fare for under $225 from Memphis to Chicago O'Hare. I only use one carry-on bag, so I paid no luggage fees.
Posted By: LadyH

Re: Chicago - 09/19/2013 12:06 AM

Last time we were there we did a VRBO which was great for a 5 day stay.
Posted By: dolfer

Re: Chicago - 02/23/2014 01:07 PM

An alternative to B&B, and VRBO (both viable options) is Priceline. With a daughter in Chicago I travel there often and as long as it's not a super busy week you can usually get a great deal using the "Name your own price" tool. I have stayed at places like the Hyatt Regency (fab hotel) for under $100 a night. Granted the parking costs $45 a night unless you're willing to walk to get the car. The same tool can work for different areas of town and different star levels.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline