TravelTalkOnline

NYE Foxys

Posted By: Annoddddd

NYE Foxys - 12/21/2018 04:09 AM

We know Foxy’s NYE isn’t for everyone but we want to try it at least once and since we are here, this is the year.

When should we plan to arrive to secure a ball? 1 day, 2 days, more?

Thanks!
Posted By: CaptainJay

Re: NYE Foxys - 12/21/2018 11:32 AM

I have done it once. I have lived here for eleven years. We stayed at Diamond Cay and took a cab into town. It is going to be a zoo this year. Tons of new boats and everyone is booked. If your going to stay in Great Harbor on one of thirty balls then two days early. People will be anchored all around and in between you. Little Harbor and a cab isn't a bad plan either. It is deep there and harder for people to anchor on top of you.
Posted By: ski2play

Re: NYE Foxys - 12/21/2018 11:44 AM

Have a ball!

Have not done it yet......

Re: NYE Foxys - 12/21/2018 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by CaptainJay
I have done it once. ... It is going to be a zoo this year. Tons of new boats and everyone is booked. ...

CaptainJay, is the zoo you predict more than the past zoo’s or is it just “back to normal”.
Posted By: Danalogy

Re: NYE Foxys - 12/21/2018 05:58 PM

I will be there Annodddd. Staying on land in CGB and taking the ferry over. Doing the "Upper Crust" at Foxy's NYE and have a dinghy reserved at JVD for the day. I will be solo and looking to meet new friends. Would love to connect!
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: NYE Foxys - 12/21/2018 10:19 PM

been there , more in the old days when anchoring was the only option and many of the boats were local, very different,
Wouldn't attempt or enjoy it these days.
My daughter, who has attended a lot in more recent times says" 10,000 drunk people -- 2 bathrooms"
hey it is a Old years Night to remember - why not see what you have been missing.

Re: NYE Foxys - 12/22/2018 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Danalogy
...I will be solo and looking to meet new friends. Would love to connect!

We are still trying to determine if Foxys is what we’ll be doing. And if so how many days prior to 12/31 should we arrive.

Re: NYE Foxys - 12/22/2018 03:10 AM

LocalSailor you make it sound so attractive. 😉😉

Any idea on timing?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline