TravelTalkOnline

Red Hook to West End ferry

Posted By: OldRed

Red Hook to West End ferry - 01/06/2019 03:19 PM

I tried searching but didn't see info on this particular run. Last August I saw this route was running again, but now I can't find it. Anyone have any information?
Posted By: GlennA

Re: Red Hook to West End ferry - 01/06/2019 03:23 PM

No treminal at West End to receive ferries. Just a temporary building for yacht clearance. All ferries go to Roadtown and depending on the time the RT terminal can be a total mess.
Posted By: OldRed

Re: Red Hook to West End ferry - 01/06/2019 06:54 PM

I did some digging, a story Jan 1st says they plan to reopen by end of January. They hoped it would be open mid Oct but usual delays
Posted By: rhans

Re: Red Hook to West End ferry - 01/06/2019 07:27 PM

End of January? Did it mention what year?
Posted By: CaptainJay

Re: Red Hook to West End ferry - 01/07/2019 11:51 AM

That route has not run since Irma. It will likely not run for years. West End is a train wreck in a storage container. They can barely handle day boats and the cargo being sent over. It took me 45 minutes to clear out of there in the middle of the day last week.
Posted By: GlennA

Re: Red Hook to West End ferry - 01/07/2019 12:00 PM

Unless the fundamental principles of Island Time and BVI government efficiency have been violated in the last 2 months there is no way ferries can clear at West End any time soon. Immegrations is operating out of a 12 x 24 portable building. Not only is there no shelter for customs to operate but the quay itself is unstable. The JVD ferry is using the quay but it needs to be rebuilt before any heavy vessel can safely tie up on a regular basis.
Posted By: leeguice

Re: Red Hook to West End ferry - 01/15/2019 01:29 PM

Are private water taxis clearing in at West End or are they going to Roadtown?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline