TravelTalkOnline

Email from Oil Nut Bay

Posted By: MIDiver

Email from Oil Nut Bay - 11/06/2020 07:12 PM

I am on ONB's mailing list. They sent a communication this afternoon with a link to their protocols. Their guests will be whisked away directly to the resort after airport testing. They will await results in their villa (24 hour timeframe referenced) and will have full use of resort facilities after the first negative test results are received. Day 4 testing will be done on site by ONB medical staff who will also facilitate testing for those needing it for departure transit. No mention of a test on day 8. Nice perks. The marina and other facilities will be closed to non-property guests while the protocol guidelines are in place. This puts ONB squarely on the can not visit list for charterers until protocols change. They also noted that visitors would download the app OR purchase a tracking bracelet. Was really hoping to be able to visit ONB while sailing..... looks like it will be awhile......
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Email from Oil Nut Bay - 11/06/2020 09:18 PM

The app is expensive. You have to purchase it.
Posted By: ecm56

Re: Email from Oil Nut Bay - 11/07/2020 01:37 PM

It still is not clear to me. Is the $150 for the app? For the bracelet? For either, depending on which you need?
So many questions. So few answers (still).
Posted By: tpcook

Re: Email from Oil Nut Bay - 11/07/2020 02:01 PM

BVI should scrap the entire entry process and start from scratch.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Email from Oil Nut Bay - 11/07/2020 02:37 PM

My understanding is the app and bracelet are priced the same.
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: Email from Oil Nut Bay - 11/07/2020 03:43 PM

I just entered the BVI last night. Currently in quarantine. No mention whatsoever of a tracking app or location bracelet at the airport upon arrival. Also, no Covid testing at the airport. Had to take a taxi to Peebles and get tested there. Looks like they are building a facility right next to the airport which I can only imagine will be the Covid testing area but based upon the construction there is no chance it is ready by December 1st.

Let me know any other questions you have
Posted By: Latadjust

Re: Email from Oil Nut Bay - 11/07/2020 06:21 PM

Where are you quarantined?

Re: Email from Oil Nut Bay - 11/07/2020 08:29 PM

So if a family of 4 comes in do they need 4 software downloads to their smartphones at $150 each or do they get bracelets. Does ANYONE know what is going on????
Posted By: sleepychef

Re: Email from Oil Nut Bay - 11/07/2020 11:35 PM

yes everyone needs the app or bracelet from Dec 1st for entry into the BVI

Re: Email from Oil Nut Bay - 11/08/2020 01:02 AM

So I download the app onto my smartphone and then turn it off as I always do while in the BVI Do not want to be disturbed.
Posted By: sail445

Re: Email from Oil Nut Bay - 11/08/2020 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by tpcook
So if a family of 4 comes in do they need 4 software downloads to their smartphones at $150 each or do they get bracelets. Does ANYONE know what is going on????

WOW! It would be the experience of a lifetime to have your whole family subject to the rules and demands of low grade morons.
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: Email from Oil Nut Bay - 11/08/2020 02:23 AM

No need to overanalyze these measures - many are not realistic to enforce and they won't be. It's the thought that counts.
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: Email from Oil Nut Bay - 11/08/2020 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by tpcook

I would be absolutely amazed if there was an app or bracelets available on December 1st.
Posted By: Latadjust

Re: Email from Oil Nut Bay - 11/08/2020 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by VirginGordaResident
I just entered the BVI last night. Currently in quarantine. No mention whatsoever of a tracking app or location bracelet at the airport upon arrival. Also, no Covid testing at the airport. Had to take a taxi to Peebles and get tested there. Looks like they are building a facility right next to the airport which I can only imagine will be the Covid testing area but based upon the construction there is no chance it is ready by December 1st.

Let me know any other questions you have

Currently in quarantine where?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline