TravelTalkOnline

Villa Rentals

Posted By: JohnandLin

Villa Rentals - 10/10/2021 11:50 PM

We're looking to come down over our daughter's winter break which puts us there over New Year's. I know New Year's is an incredibly popular time to visit, but are there fewer properties than in the past or just more demand? Is there a better source for rental properties than VRBO or AirBNB for the British Virgin Isles?

Thank you!
Posted By: Aries4

Re: Villa Rentals - 10/11/2021 03:20 AM

You could try villasoftortola.com or bestofbvi.com which avoid the ABNB and VRBO fees, costs, etc. But, be aware that villa prices go way up over Christmas and New Years, plus many usually have a 10 night minimum rental over those holidays.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Villa Rentals - 10/11/2021 05:14 AM

My observation is that a number of short-term rentals were turned into long-term rentals during Covid because of the shortage of tourists. Most people are also expecting a busy season this winter, so many places will already be booked.
Posted By: macaroni

Re: Villa Rentals - 10/11/2021 10:44 AM

VIrgin Gorda Villa Rentals- VGVR-
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Villa Rentals - 10/11/2021 12:26 PM

Most of the more local places have their own websites and take bookings directly so you might just want to pick a couple of your favorites and reach out directly.

For example, out of our 10 rentals we have 2 on AirBnB but the rates are higher to cover the AirBnb fees and then AirBnB charges the customer a fee on top of that. We tried 2 on AirBnB because it's such a popular platform but we've found it's more trouble than it's worth and those customers haven't been typical of our direct booking customers.

All that said, the boats are very busy over New Years but most of the land based hosts I've talked to have some space left. We have 7 available.

Of the places I've stayed, I can recommend direct booking with Ann's Guest Houses (Anegada), D&H Sunshine Villas (Anegada), and Villas Virgin Gorda (http://www.villasvirgingorda.com/).
Posted By: tpcook

Re: Villa Rentals - 10/11/2021 02:06 PM

We have availability over Christmas/New Years. Waterfront villa on Virgin Gorda for up to 16 persons. www.virgin-gorda-villa.com Thanks
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline