TravelTalkOnline

Traveling from/to the US - Are we missing anything?

Posted By: clancyl77

Traveling from/to the US - Are we missing anything? - 11/04/2021 06:32 PM

Hello All,

We are making our 3rd trip down to Tortola from Boston, but the first since COVID. I have been reading all the posts and keeping up with the current restrictions, I was hoping you could advise us if we are missing anything COVID related.

1. Take pre flight COVID test here in Boston, register in USVI portal to receive approval for arrival at STT.
2. We have a water taxi taking us from Crown Bay to West End. Our family of 3 are fully vaccinated so we should be able to clear and take our Antigen entry tests there. We will pre-register on the West End portal for our arrival tests.
3. Enjoy our week long stay in paradise!
4. COVID test on island and register again in the USVI portal for arrival back in the USVI. Any suggestions on the easiest testing site, we would probably have to test on a Saturday as we leave Monday, maybe we could test Friday afternoon for a 1PM departure from STT Monday?
5. Purchase COVID related travel insurance prior to our trip.

Do we have a good handle on things?? It would be much appreciated if the many knowledgeable folks here would chime in if we missed something!

Thanks in advance for the help!
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Traveling from/to the US - Are we missing anything? - 11/04/2021 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by clancyl77
Hello All,

We are making our 3rd trip down to Tortola from Boston, but the first since COVID. I have been reading all the posts and keeping up with the current restrictions, I was hoping you could advise us if we are missing anything COVID related.

1. Take pre flight COVID test here in Boston, register in USVI portal to receive approval for arrival at STT.
2. We have a water taxi taking us from Crown Bay to West End. Our family of 3 are fully vaccinated so we should be able to clear and take our Antigen entry tests there. We will pre-register on the West End portal for our arrival tests.
3. Enjoy our week long stay in paradise!
4. COVID test on island and register again in the USVI portal for arrival back in the USVI. Any suggestions on the easiest testing site, we would probably have to test on a Saturday as we leave Monday, maybe we could test Friday afternoon for a 1PM departure from STT Monday?
5. Purchase COVID related travel insurance prior to our trip.

Do we have a good handle on things?? It would be much appreciated if the many knowledgeable folks here would chime in if we missed something!

Thanks in advance for the help!

4. The timeline for entry to the USVI testing has changed. 5 days if arriving by sea or 3 if arriving by air. Assuming a sea arrival, test on/after Wednesday. I suggest bringing the emed.com tests with you so you don't have to find a testing center in the BVI. Much easier to do on your own schedule.

Don't forget you have to do the USVI portal again on your way home.
Posted By: Sailor George

Re: Traveling from/to the US - Are we missing anything? - 11/06/2021 05:37 AM

Hi, since you need to submit a new portal application with a negative test is there testing companies on Virgin Gorda or Scrub island. We return our charter boat on the morning of the 10th and have a 2:30 ferry scheduled to USVI. So it looks like i will need to get my test a day or two before we leave since I don’t think I have enough time on the day we return the boat. Thanks for any info you can give me on testing sites. I can’t find anything with a Google search!
Posted By: petpsycho

Re: Traveling from/to the US - Are we missing anything? - 11/06/2021 04:13 PM

I cannot find info for the change to 3 days from 5 days into USVI. Can anyone verify this has changed?
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Traveling from/to the US - Are we missing anything? - 11/06/2021 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by petpsycho
I cannot find info for the change to 3 days from 5 days into USVI. Can anyone verify this has changed?

Yes, 5 days if traveling to USVI by sea. 3 days by air.

Attached picture USVI change 10-4.JPG
Posted By: ecm56

Re: Traveling from/to the US - Are we missing anything? - 11/06/2021 05:22 PM

Jason stated it correctly - test 5 days before travel if arriving by sea (ferry or water taxi) from the BVI. Test 3 days before travel if arriving by air from the BVI.

The requirement for testing 2 days before travel from the BVI was put in place in July and was rolled back on October 4th.

Also note - received an update about the eMed tests. Kits being sold now expire February 1, 2022.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline