Member Spotlight
BobandJeana
BobandJeana
The Villages, FL
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
41 registered members (Kelann, jbutah, Tom, eightzerobits, Jeannius, Brad_Va, Sandsailsun, MrEZgoin, RebeccaTN, Kennys, MKGrey, GeorgeC1, IslandBoi, Todd, pedalpusher, Don_and_Linda, foreversxm, Manpot, hokiesailor, Scubacat, JeanneB, mark37, alecu7, RichiT, Alltech63, Fletch, SXMScubaman, lcote, kajunlady61, 12 invisible), 1,426 guests, and 105 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Traveling from/to the US - Are we missing anything? #267900
11/04/2021 02:32 PM
11/04/2021 02:32 PM
C
clancyl77 Offline OP
clancyl77  Offline OP
C
Hello All,

We are making our 3rd trip down to Tortola from Boston, but the first since COVID. I have been reading all the posts and keeping up with the current restrictions, I was hoping you could advise us if we are missing anything COVID related.

1. Take pre flight COVID test here in Boston, register in USVI portal to receive approval for arrival at STT.
2. We have a water taxi taking us from Crown Bay to West End. Our family of 3 are fully vaccinated so we should be able to clear and take our Antigen entry tests there. We will pre-register on the West End portal for our arrival tests.
3. Enjoy our week long stay in paradise!
4. COVID test on island and register again in the USVI portal for arrival back in the USVI. Any suggestions on the easiest testing site, we would probably have to test on a Saturday as we leave Monday, maybe we could test Friday afternoon for a 1PM departure from STT Monday?
5. Purchase COVID related travel insurance prior to our trip.

Do we have a good handle on things?? It would be much appreciated if the many knowledgeable folks here would chime in if we missed something!

Thanks in advance for the help!

BVI Sponsors
Re: Traveling from/to the US - Are we missing anything? [Re: clancyl77] #267904
11/04/2021 02:41 PM
11/04/2021 02:41 PM
Cane Garden Bay, Tortola
JasonHelmbrecht Offline
Traveler
JasonHelmbrecht  Offline
Traveler
Cane Garden Bay, Tortola
Originally Posted by clancyl77
Hello All,

We are making our 3rd trip down to Tortola from Boston, but the first since COVID. I have been reading all the posts and keeping up with the current restrictions, I was hoping you could advise us if we are missing anything COVID related.

1. Take pre flight COVID test here in Boston, register in USVI portal to receive approval for arrival at STT.
2. We have a water taxi taking us from Crown Bay to West End. Our family of 3 are fully vaccinated so we should be able to clear and take our Antigen entry tests there. We will pre-register on the West End portal for our arrival tests.
3. Enjoy our week long stay in paradise!
4. COVID test on island and register again in the USVI portal for arrival back in the USVI. Any suggestions on the easiest testing site, we would probably have to test on a Saturday as we leave Monday, maybe we could test Friday afternoon for a 1PM departure from STT Monday?
5. Purchase COVID related travel insurance prior to our trip.

Do we have a good handle on things?? It would be much appreciated if the many knowledgeable folks here would chime in if we missed something!

Thanks in advance for the help!

4. The timeline for entry to the USVI testing has changed. 5 days if arriving by sea or 3 if arriving by air. Assuming a sea arrival, test on/after Wednesday. I suggest bringing the emed.com tests with you so you don't have to find a testing center in the BVI. Much easier to do on your own schedule.

Don't forget you have to do the USVI portal again on your way home.

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com
Re: Traveling from/to the US - Are we missing anything? [Re: JasonHelmbrecht] #268039
11/06/2021 01:37 AM
11/06/2021 01:37 AM
California
S
Sailor George Offline
Sailor George  Offline
S
California
Hi, since you need to submit a new portal application with a negative test is there testing companies on Virgin Gorda or Scrub island. We return our charter boat on the morning of the 10th and have a 2:30 ferry scheduled to USVI. So it looks like i will need to get my test a day or two before we leave since I don’t think I have enough time on the day we return the boat. Thanks for any info you can give me on testing sites. I can’t find anything with a Google search!

Last edited by Sailor George; 11/06/2021 01:55 AM.
Re: Traveling from/to the US - Are we missing anything? [Re: JasonHelmbrecht] #268083
11/06/2021 12:13 PM
11/06/2021 12:13 PM
Virginia USA
P
petpsycho Offline
petpsycho  Offline
P
Virginia USA
I cannot find info for the change to 3 days from 5 days into USVI. Can anyone verify this has changed?

Re: Traveling from/to the US - Are we missing anything? [Re: petpsycho] #268088
11/06/2021 01:20 PM
11/06/2021 01:20 PM
Cane Garden Bay, Tortola
JasonHelmbrecht Offline
Traveler
JasonHelmbrecht  Offline
Traveler
Cane Garden Bay, Tortola
Originally Posted by petpsycho
I cannot find info for the change to 3 days from 5 days into USVI. Can anyone verify this has changed?

Yes, 5 days if traveling to USVI by sea. 3 days by air.

Attached Files USVI change 10-4.JPG

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com
Re: Traveling from/to the US - Are we missing anything? [Re: petpsycho] #268090
11/06/2021 01:22 PM
11/06/2021 01:22 PM
Northern Virginia
ecm56 Offline
Traveler
ecm56  Offline
Traveler
Northern Virginia
Jason stated it correctly - test 5 days before travel if arriving by sea (ferry or water taxi) from the BVI. Test 3 days before travel if arriving by air from the BVI.

The requirement for testing 2 days before travel from the BVI was put in place in July and was rolled back on October 4th.

Also note - received an update about the eMed tests. Kits being sold now expire February 1, 2022.