TravelTalkOnline

Reserve Ferry From CA but Flight is Late?

Posted By: StripedBass

Reserve Ferry From CA but Flight is Late? - 03/12/2023 12:44 PM

What happens if you reserve a Ferry from CA to Roadtown and your flight is late and you miss ferry? Are tickets good for next ferry?
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Reserve Ferry From CA but Flight is Late? - 03/12/2023 12:48 PM

No, the ferry will give you a credit for future use with that ferry company only. The next ferry will normally be a different company.
Posted By: CarolinaSailor

Re: Reserve Ferry From CA but Flight is Late? - 03/12/2023 12:51 PM

When you sign up for the ferry on their website, you may be offered an insurance option. In this case, I would say if you did pay extra, yes, if not, probably not, be sure ferry are run by different companies. Akso, I would think they would be good for the next ferry run by the same operator, many times on the next day.
Posted By: StripedBass

Re: Reserve Ferry From CA but Flight is Late? - 03/12/2023 12:55 PM

Thanks for the quick response!

So we are planning to catch the Native Son 2pm on Monday March 13th from CA to RT, is it necessary to reserve tickets?

can we roll the dice and just buy when we get there?

And is it still the same, where they give you the customs forms to fill out on the ride? Or are they requiring them to be filled out prior to boarding?
Posted By: tpcook

Re: Reserve Ferry From CA but Flight is Late? - 03/12/2023 01:01 PM

These days it would be best not to reserve ferry as you cannot sell your tickets. You personally have to use them for another day. Too much hassle.
Posted By: CarolinaSailor

Re: Reserve Ferry From CA but Flight is Late? - 03/12/2023 01:03 PM

I wouldn't think Monday ferry to be unusually busy, I would buy tickets when you get there. Yes, as to forms.
Posted By: LA_FadeAway

Re: Reserve Ferry From CA but Flight is Late? - 03/22/2023 03:15 AM

Just curious what time you landed and if you made the 2:00 ferry? We'll be flying in on a Monday next month, landing at 12:55pm. Also, did they give you the paperwork in advance or on the ferry?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline