TravelTalkOnline

WayPoint Charters USVI to BVI

Posted By: Bvicatter

WayPoint Charters USVI to BVI - 07/19/2023 02:31 PM

Good Morning TTOL BVI Peeps:

Wondering if anyone has tried Waypoint Charters which opened in the former CYOA base in Frenchtown USVI?

https://waypoints.com/

The idea of going from STT to the base via 5 minute taxi ride is appealing. I understand their boats are flagged to enter BVI waters, and there is now an app for i-phones that allows one to clear into BVI.

Any feedback on this appreciated.

Best wishes from Annapolis, Md-

JAM
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: WayPoint Charters USVI to BVI - 07/19/2023 03:10 PM

You can fill out the documents online via Sail Clear. I think however you still need to clear in person at BVI customs.
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: WayPoint Charters USVI to BVI - 07/19/2023 04:19 PM

We sailed from BVI to USVI a few months ago. The Sail Clear apt has replaced the paper work we used to fill out. You still need to check in and out in person. When sailing from BVI to USVI and back again, only the captain (with all passports) needs to walk into customs.
Posted By: rhans

Re: WayPoint Charters USVI to BVI - 07/20/2023 01:07 AM

We have found the convenience plus the one on one of CYOA/ Waypoint Rocks. There really is no downside. No ferry, no EIS. Easy customs at JVD
Posted By: steve74

Re: WayPoint Charters USVI to BVI - 07/20/2023 12:21 PM

I’ll add more later, but the key is to avoid the BVI customs offices that are used by day boats from the USVI in the mornings before 11:00 am or so. We just cleared out to go to St. John and then back in after a few days. I made the mistake of getting to the Jost office around 9:00 am to clear back in and it was a drawn out, painful experience (almost 2 hours to get through all 4 required stations). At Jost, they break for lunch - I believe - so I’d get there around 11:00 am or around 2:30 pm to 3:00 pm. The afternoon is probably optimal.
Posted By: Thistle

Re: WayPoint Charters USVI to BVI - 07/20/2023 01:04 PM

10 minutes from baggage claim to be on your boat. Sent you a PM, please look for it!
Posted By: LauraTheTshirtGal

Re: WayPoint Charters USVI to BVI - 07/20/2023 03:10 PM

Waypoints is top notch and Capt Jay - Operations Base Director ( who is also awesome!) is on this TTOL forum and transitioned from CYOA to Waypoints Do a search in the search bar, there has been a lot of recent discussion in the last few months and he has chimed in with a lot of great info.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline