Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1
pasnyder
Traveler

Loc: Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Lighthouse Update
      #1417264 - 05/29/12 03:52 PM (69.206.131.22)

I received this update from my friend who is a regular at Lighthouse Beach:

"Here is the story. The beach is very small just like how it gets in Sept when we have the storms so they closed the parking lot at 10:30 yesterday . We are really pushed far back by the dunes. They are only keeping half of the lot open this year. When it reaches a certain amount of cars they will close it. I don't think you have to worry because you are early birds but we had friends that had to wait 1 1/2 hrs to get in ( they didn't want to walk) so the bottom line is you have to get there early . There are I think 9 or 10 steps still no ramp. There is sand on the walk on the way to the beach the part where you start to push uphill in the final stretch. The sand came over & it makes it a little hard to pull the cart. It was real bad on Sat. but each day it got a little better. Everything else is pretty much the same there.It really was a GREAT weekend..started out slow because of the storm threats but turned out SUPER !!!"

--------------------
We are the People our parents warned us about!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  

Unregistered

Re: Lighthouse Update [Re: pasnyder]
      #1417319 - 05/29/12 07:09 PM (24.189.228.254)

Just read an article in Newsday that due to Hurricane Irene last Sep and shortages of Federal Seashore funds to replenish sand it will be awhile before the beach area has generated a decent width for all of Field 5. However prevailing SW winds will speed up Mother Natures process so it has happened before in other yrs but it looks to be tempoary. will be down around mid- june.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 857

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline