Member Spotlight
SAIL_BVI
SAIL_BVI
Wisconsin USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
CDJ
Who's Online Now
54 registered members (sxmmartini, candj, IWIWSE, cvo, SXMScubaman, duke63, ScurvyD, Christo, samboaty, B & D, deputydog1157, crmoores, bkigar, maytrix, GW248, Savannahlucy, Bob_Dot, 706jim, KirkB, Julius, hokiesailor, BeachKitten, Kennys, John, venti, PreK176, Canuck54, LINNY, George1234, BaardJ, mainesailor, BombaCharger, dayhiker, JoGene, NoelHall, tradewinds, RatmansWife, GeorgeC1, rfrimmel, xrayman67, JasonHelmbrecht, 13 invisible), 174 guests, and 382 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
3 minutes ago Road conditions [by candj]
Arriving back in 11 days and were wondering about the road conditions. The roads were rough before Irma and are they worse or about the same? We like to go to Grand Case, and Orient Beach, so we were particularly interested in the main roads from Simpson Bay to both Grand Case and Orient Beach? How is the main road in Grand Case?
0 4 Read More
1 hour ago 3 more sleeps [by dkupersmith]
Three days til back on island. Was there for a week in February but this will be first time back at OBBR since Irma. Be good to see how much has progressed since my last trip.
That time I was at an AirBnB in Simpson Bay and not too much was open. Most days was breakfast at the yacht club then my lunches at the Palms or Jerusalem and dinners at Dinghy Dock. (I know - life is hard...). tonguea
Looking forward to diving again with Ocean Explorers.
0 34 Read More
1 hour ago Secure storage for on beach chairs [by SXMScubaman]
Was surfing around and found this. Looks perfect for the beach when you want to swim and not worry about your small valuables.

https://getflexsafe.io/offer-01/?lp...act_id=857&oid=522&guvertical=42
0 58 Read More
5 hours ago Trip Report 10.26-11.6.18 Part 6 [by BeachKitten]
Monday, November 5th

Is it going to be a Mullet kind of day? I think so. But breakfast must come first!

Zee Best. Eggs Benedict and Huevos Rancheros. Could eat this every day. Theirs is my favorite on the island.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Normally Rosie’s on Mullet has not been cooking on a Monday, but there were cruise ships in so the grill was going….YES!
Settled into beach chairs to watch the cruisers floating in the water on their noodles.
[Linked Image]

Rosie makes awesome punches….back in the days of the old resort these were called Mullet Bay Welcomes.
[Linked Image]

Grilled chicken with mango salad. I’m hungry posting these!
[Linked Image]

Rosies’s Famous Ribs
[Linked Image]

Fall in the Caribbean / Mullet Bay – shall we rake?
[Linked Image]

I had the great pleasure of meeting Pat in person. We joined her for drinks at El Zafiro as it was her arrival day and our last night. There may or may not have been a few incriminating stories shared, and a great one regarding a red corvette….lol She and her husband were so much fun, that I wish we had more time. But alas, we had dinner reservations to get to.

We had saved our big meal $plurge for our last night, which was also to be my Birthday dinner.
A friend helped with getting us a reservation for Sale e Pepe that night, as I had called too late and they were already quite full. THANK YOU!!!!! It was the most amazing meal of our trip. I cannot say enough good things about Sale e Pepe.
Upon arrival we were greeted immediately, and a table had been reserved with a sign and my name on it in the front by the railing. We were not even settled in yet when two complimentary glasses of prosecco arrived at the table. Great start.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Chef Davide’ has a wonderful restaurant in Sale e Pepe. Our experience is that the staff are well trained and attentive. In fact, we recognized an outstanding server who also works at Emilio’s where we had lunch earlier in our trip. They are doing so well in fact, that they will be opening a second and larger restaurant across the street close to the gas station and on the lagoon.
The bread comes with the most delicious and spicy sauce (which I only realized today could be purchased! I would’ve brought some home) They warn you about the heat, and it certainly has a kick! Hurts so good!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Starters were baby calamari steam alla Siciliana and beef carpaccio
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Entrées were shrimp risotto and gnocchi.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

After our plates were cleared, we were presented with limoncello shooters. They know how to make me happy.

All of a sudden, the lights go out. I’m thinking, “there goes GEBE again!” Then everyone is singing….”Happy Birthday!” Oh my goodness, they were coming to my table. Funny thing though, they put it down in front of my husband….lol….I just went with it

Delicious panna cotta.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What to have for dessert? A Gambino Tifeo Etna Rosato please. (Confession: Their risotto's are so to-die-for and orgasmic that we got an order of mushroom risotto to go! lol)
[Linked Image]

By the end of the experience I was a very happy camper.
[Linked Image]
7 270 Read More
6 hours ago provisions [by joeboo]
Our group will be down in July. What are the grocery stores on Virgin Gorda.
Is there any large store like the one that was in the yacht harbor
2 142 Read More
7 hours ago Mooring at St Thomas Bay [by venti]
For our trip in early December we were thinking of sailing from Norman to St Thomas bay and grabbing a mooring ball there before a taxi over to the baths. (or dinghy over to the baths, weather pending). Are mooring balls still available there? Is it a decent overnight spot or going to be a sleepless night? Not much information online about that anchorage.
1 129 Read More
8 hours ago Port St Maarten webcam [by crsxm]
The webcam shows so many ships in port today! The island will be hopping!
14 439 Read More
11 hours ago What are the Top 11 SXM Restaurants on Island 2018 [by PelicanPirate]
We have 11 nights on island starting New Years Eve and we need a fresh list of resturants that are winners every time.

Only two slots are written stone for us: Bistrot Caraibes and Moulin Fu.

Help suggest the others please. 😊
15 543 Read More
18 hours ago Trip Report on Leopard Island Fun [by jagmansr]
This is the trip report of Carol and my October 31 to November 7 on our 42 Leopard Island Fun. First, backing things up, Island Fun is in Captain's Compass Charters. Brent, of Captain's Compass did a fantastic job of securing his fleet from Irma. Island Fun only moved a foot during Irma and only lost her mast. As a result, we did "power cat" 3 times since Irma while waiting for a NEW mast and not a used recovered mast as many Irma damaged boats ended up with.
Thanks to Brent, Island Fun has been buffed to a new bright white, Bottom scraped and painted, Fresh varnish on all interior wood. New mast and lines. And solar panels replacing our wind gens.She's like a brand new boat but at a much lower chartering cost. All of Captain's Compass's boat have gotten the same attention.

So, since this trip was just the two of us, we were more interested in great snorkeling and just a relaxed time so it was not the norm of our usual trips. We arrived on Wednesday, had Riteway deliver supplies at 5PM. Gene's at SeaCow Bay opened that night for the season so we had a fantastic dinner. Thursday morning we headed over to Great Harbor at Jost. We took our time playing with our new sails. We decided to head over to St John's on Friday and since you can check out of the BVI 24 hours early, we checked out at customs after we grabbed a mooring ball. After that we took the dingy over to White Bay for Painkillers and lunch at Soggy Dollar. Late afternoon we headed back to Island Fun for wild caught Alaska salmon dinner on the boat. About 3 dozen boats were there overnight. Saturday morning we sailed over to St John. Once in US water, using US Custom's Roam APT on my Iphone, we checked into the US. The Roam APT was easy and great since we didn't have to check in in person. We did go into Cruz Bay to see how it was looking. The open bars and "old" custom building are still needing to be rebuilt. The area from the National :Parks building and up is up and running but with a littler construction still going on. Later we got back on Island Fun and headed over to Waterlemon Bay, (our favorite snorkeling spot beside the Indians). Spent 2 days there. First day, snorkeled and relaxed. Grilled duck for dinner. Second day we hiked up to the sugarcane plantation ruins. Irma weaken the structures somewhat but still worth visiting. We meet up with about 8 donkeys who seemed to be the new grass care personal. BTW, they are doing a great job. While hiking back to the dingy, we meet a couple on their honeymoon (Bob & Katie). We invited back to our boat for lunch and painkillers. Lot's of painkillers, me bad, I hate to drink along. They had a great time hanging out on the boat, just hope they got their jeep back to Cruz Bay ok. On Sunday we headed over to West End to check back in to the BVI. After that we sailed over to Norman Island. Just chilled out snorkeling and using kayak. Monday morning we gabbed a mooring ball at the Indians by 9 am. snorkeled and had breakfast before sailing over to Cooper Island. Once there we snorkeled and had a great lunch at the restaurant. Sadly it started to rain at 3 and didn't stop til morning. After hanging out at Cooper all morning we spent the rest of the day just sailing with no engines running, enjoying Island Fun doing her thing. GREAT TIME.
Have to say how grateful we are to Brent and Captain's Compass. Island Fun and the rest of Brent's fleet and in great shape and are happily shared are really great rates. Feel free to pm me if you want. .
1 246 Read More
Yesterday at 11:24 PM yellow birds [by RonDon]
Anyone on island now----have you seen any yellow (sugar) birds? Last March we saw none. Wondered if they've returned.
6 426 Read More