Member Spotlight
EdB
EdB
Boynton Beach, FL
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Marsh
Who's Online Now
38 registered members (Kelly G, KirkB, skipdastraw, ndfaninnc, Fred, xrayman67, Shifty, capttom, NeilCanada, boucharda, Biturbo, wildbill069, MamaB, bobsob, eightzerobits, PnPinNC, Matt W, Volle Maan, Kennys, SXMScubaman, luvtotravel, John, PML, 15 invisible), 129 guests, and 85 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Yesterday at 07:44 PM Directv in SXM [by PMagistro]
I use Directv as my tv provider for a variety of reasons, However, for the sake of the post my question is whether there is a way to watch tv in SXM without obtaining another type of streaming service.

I have the NFL package and besides watching live TV on network stations I'd like to be able to watch football games.

Is there a way to easily do this?
6 353 Read More
Yesterday at 07:42 PM Additional Ferry Service [by tradewinds]
Looks like additional ferry service will be offered in November.
1 149 Read More
Yesterday at 01:29 PM Late Season Charter Observations [by Rush]
We just returned from a charter (7/30-8/7) through Dream Yacht on a Lagoon 46 (Aren't We Lucky) and thought I would post a few observations. It was a great trip and we were pleasantly surprised for several reasons.

Weather was very comfortable. Good sailing conditions - brisk wind (15-25) all week with moderate swells (4.5-5.5 ft). Very little rain, althought islands need it.

All restaurants/bars were open, except Pirates Bight (they are redoing restrooms and adding showers). We did not go to Anegada.

Saba Rock and Bitterend had good crowds, Leverick was exceptionally quiet.

Sargassum was a non-issue. It was certainly visible while sailing or on some lee shores, but never an issue at anchorages in terms of smell or clogging the intakes.

There definitely was Sahara dust, but it was just a little hazy sky, depending upon the direction you were looking. Was hoping for one of those dramatic Sahara dust sunsets, but did not get one - still enjoyable though.

A reasonable amount of boats out sailing. Several kid's sailing camps. There appeared to be more captained boats vs. bareboats than I typically notice as well.

No issue getting a ball of course, but most anchorages had a reasonable crowd. White Bay (Jost) was packed. We were moored on the Ivan's side. A Moorings Power Cat lost an engine in front of Hendos and temporarily beached. Several captains with powerful dinghy's helped steer it out of the anchorage, but was very dicey.

We had a great experience with Dream Yacht. The boat was newer and in excellent condition - no issues. All of the folks at the base were very helpful and Teka who checked us out was thorough and delightful. The only complaint was having to head up to Spanish Town to refuel the morning we returned - they said that is the closest fuel dock and the only way to return the boat full without a penalty. Trellis Bay is too shallow to fuel there. Dream Yacht will be moving from Scrub to Hodges Creek in the near future.

My big takeaway was that the BVI were still busy, beautiful, and fun in early August and we would visit again that late in the season (understanding there is a a higher risk of storms). I do think the locals were pleased with the crowds as well. But many are also looking forward to some deserved vacation time.
6 288 Read More
Yesterday at 01:07 PM Orient Beach Questions [by Jim D.]
I haven't been to Orient Beach for a few years. I would like to know if there is anything on the location where Pedro's stood and on the spot where the Orient Beach Naturist resort was located. Thank you.
1 360 Read More
Yesterday at 10:05 AM St Martin announces November as Culinary month [by bdeeley]
St Smarten Tourism Bureau and the Hospitality and Trade Association announced that November is being named Culinary month. It sounds like the French side is following suit. Events and specials are being planned. Another great reason to be visiting in November.

November named Culinary month.
1 213 Read More
08/08/2022 11:55 PM Changes in BVI [by SoCalGal]
Hello All, we have chartered a catamaran about 12 times in the BVI but have not been back since before Irma. We enjoy the iconic places...Ivan's, Foxy, Soggy Dollar, Pussers, Quitos, Myetts, Saba Rock, Cow Wreck. We enjoy the local run places. In looking at some Facebook pages it looks like there have been some changes. In your opinion, what changes can we expect...good and bad (and I know this is a matter of preference). Is there a lot more "upscale" restaurants and bars? Can you still get that Island "get away from reality" feel?

Thanks in advance.
11 522 Read More
08/08/2022 04:22 PM Mahoe Bay, VG beach [by bukovsrp]
Anyone been to Mahoe Bay recently? Last time we were there, beach was almost nonexistent. Considering a villa rental, but really want to know the beach status before booking.
Thanks.
2 321 Read More
08/08/2022 04:04 PM Orient beach questions and general vibe these days. [by Brian q]
Firstly thanks for the great forum, lots of good info in here.

I was wondering about the general vibe on Orient Beach and what the demographics are like these days.

We visited last time pre-Irma, once on a cruise stop for a day trip, and one time we stayed on the Dutch side and popped over for a day. We are planning to stay in Orient Village this time and spend most of our time on Orient beach and down by the old club O beach. The two times we have been there previously, we spent a bit of time on the club O section and would like to make that our ‘beach base’ this time, though my wife is a bit cautious.

A few questions:

What is the general vibe these days? From what I’ve read from other reports it seems to be business as usual with the Perch lite now. The one time we were there pre irma, people were listening to music and dancing by the perch and there was a lot of activity with people mingling in the water and on the beach. From the reports I’ve read it seems like it might be a bit lower key these days?

From a demographic point of view, our last two times it seems like the ages skewed older (we are in are late 50’s so fit in well). Curious if it’s the same without Club O there and perhaps a different crowd enjoying the beach since they have to stay elsewhere?

How late can you stay on the beach? We were just day tripping last time so left mid afternoon, not sure how late you can stay at the beach before cleaning up for dinner.

I want to make sure my wife will be comfortable, last time she went topless only but wants to fully join in this time if comfortable. I know they say no-one is really paying attention to you, which is likely true but she’ll feel best if she can blend into the background. I hate to ask but last question, my wife has super sensitive skin so doesn’t fully remove all of her body hair in lieu of just trimming. On our last visit it was a rare sight to see hair anywhere but on peoples heads lol, any change to this trend or will she be OK without removing everything?

Thanks
7 882 Read More
08/08/2022 01:05 PM Lovely Day At Porto Cupecoy [by CaribLee]
Jazz Brunch at Rendez Vous was marvelous as always. We did have a stray shower or two but it did not put a damper on things. Consistent rains have the island nice and green which is a good thing.
3 10 554 Read More
08/07/2022 01:06 PM Photos From The First Couple Of Days [by CaribLee]
Will report more later. Off to a good start.
6 13 1,016 Read More