Member Spotlight
ndfaninnc
ndfaninnc
Kannapolis, NC
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
17 registered members (SKJay, toast, PnPinNC, SANFILIP, MulletBayMan, richupm, jrw, crsxm, Wingman, sugarae, George1234, Rush, 5 invisible), 132 guests, and 409 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
8 hours ago travel through PR [by Bo Scott]
So I have been made aware that PR has a 72 hour covid test, if we are just traveling through can we use our bvi test or do we have to have a different test? please help my travel friends are freaking out!
0 40 Read More
8 hours ago Day one - done! [by pat]
So day one, a very quiet day one, is one and done! This is destined to be a very quiet snd low keyed trip and that’s just fine with us.

We breakfasted on our porch enjoying our coffee and goodies provided by Jeannie while we watched the boats go by. There were at least two working boats, a Coast Guard cutter and one cruise ship out there but sadly, none of the beautiful yachts we always look forward to seeing. Lunch was also on the porch - a lovely chef salad more or less - premade and sold at Carrefour for the princely sum of $6.00 US. The salad was very good and was more than enough for both of us with plenty of left-overs.

We spent some time at the pool in the afternoon but the beach here was very accessible with no seaweed today. We thought about heading over to Mullet but then decided why bother since it couldn’t have been any nicer than here. We had the pool all to ourselves and DH got to see airplanes galore including the arrival of Air France, one of his absolute favorites.

Went back to our apartment for cocktails - first PCs of the trip and we spent some time comparing notes and sharing old island memories with near neighbors, both here at BSV and at home.

The Spaghetti House for dinner - linguine with clams for hubby and what else but beef carpaccio for me. Our dinners were yummy and even with wine for me and dessert for John the dinner check was incredibly reasonable and the food was delicious. And better yet, we spent the evening chatting with the Lurker and her husband - Terry and Rit Anzelone - who were seated across from us.

All in all, a very nice day with the prospect of many more to come.
3 121 Read More
Yesterday at 08:39 PM Lost passport...??? [by dolfer]
We have a week to find or replace a Passport. Is it possible to replace in that time period?
8 340 Read More
Yesterday at 08:28 PM April cruise of Lio Kai [by MrEZgoin]
We are back aboard and I thought I'd start another thread where I comment on current protocols and our experiences for those that may be interested.

We flew SEA - MIA - STT and again Island Birds to EIS. Being the only two arrivals at the time, covid testing and C&I was extremely quick.
This time we received the vinyl red bracelets and only a single tracker (for the two of us), which apparently is defective and can't be charged. Oh well.

Provisions from Moorings and Caribbean Cellars were all aboard and things are looking good for getting off the dock in the AM.

Looking forward to another two weeks!
4 137 Read More
Yesterday at 08:06 PM Wheels up in 14 days, probably. [by Thirsty_Toad]
Greetings all. I arrive in SXM in 14 days for a sailing charter. This is a reschedule from May2020 that was cancelled. I'm actually considering cancelling this one if the rest of my crew wants to put it off another year. I know most of you guys do the house/resort thing, but I come to SXM because it's some of the best sailing around and much easier to fly in/out of than BVI. Now typically on a 10 day charter I'll spend 4-5 nights anchored in Road Bay in Anguilla and day sail out to Dog and Prickly Pear. That's not happening since Anguilla is on lock down. I can't sail to the Dutch side of SXM or even let the boat enter Dutch territory. Now I can walk around eat/drink/stay on the Dutch side all I want, just can't take the boat. I can't figure out that one.
Now I stupidly "assumed" that I could sail to St Barts since I was going from one French island to another. Nope. That's what I get for assuming. Locals can take the ferry between the two and are exempt from the Covid test and 7 day quarantine providing they don't stay over 72 hours. My overnights on the boat will pretty much be Pinel and Grand Case, unless I'l permitted to land on Fourche.
Sorry for the mini-rant. I know everyone is frustrated and ready for a return to normalcy.

I need some options for getting provisioning delivered. I know Carrefour does. Shop n drop seems like it's an island version of Instacart. Are they good? I've used "booze it up" in the past but they appear to no longer be in business.
My brother was last here in 2019 and tells me there is a cell phone store that will rent me a mobile WiFi next to the marina @ Ft Louie.

Cheers!
0 126 Read More
Yesterday at 06:40 PM Frontier to start flying from ORLANDO to SXM! [by Carol_Hill]
Daily Herald link

Miami too, but surprised to hear this from Orlando! Only problem is it's only Saturdays. Guess there might be some cruise pax on the flights?????
4 251 Read More
Yesterday at 05:37 PM Longer term rentals [by CanadianCutie]
Hubby and I are looking forward to retirement in the next few years and have considered doing a 3-5 month rental in St Maarten. We’re very familiar with the island as we have been travelling there for the past 25 years and we go at least once a year (sometimes we get lucky and are able to do 3 times a year). We would love some feedback on how is the best way to find a rental for that duration. I just want to figure out how much to expect to pay for staying that long. I don’t want the hassle of owning in St Maarten and all the headaches that come with it.
1 156 Read More
Yesterday at 04:21 PM French side beach/restaurant recommendations [by dolfer]
I assume lots has changed since our last trip, especially at Orient Beach and Grand Case. Looking for recommendations for a laid back beach vibe and a reasonable chair/umbrella fees. What's open and good in Grand Case? On our last trip that side of the island was still very devastated.
6 333 Read More
Yesterday at 04:19 PM Back again...finally! [by dolfer]
We're vaxed and itching to get out of Michigan for a while. I've never booked a vacation this close to the departure date (less than 2 weeks) but it feels great.

Cannot wait to feel the heat and go swimming. (It snowed here most of the day yesterday.)

Belair here we come!

Dolfer
1 211 Read More
Yesterday at 02:47 PM April 15th Opening? [by Maria_and_Steve]
Well, today is April 15th. The day when the BVI's were scheduled to open up for foreign vessel arrivals. Has that happened yet???
1 222 Read More