Member Spotlight
Riverfrontbrewer
Riverfrontbrewer
South Carolina
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
funkyflamingo, mprevo, SnowMan
Who's Online Now
6 registered members (StMartinFan, mark37, HibiscusFan, MrEZgoin, 2 invisible), 116 guests, and 90 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Yesterday at 10:43 PM LaPlaya Orient Bay [by gracie5]
Contemplating going to LaPlaya tomorrow for lunch & some beach time. Is it a decent place to eat & also do they charge for their beach chairs. Thanks.
1 221 Read More
Yesterday at 07:54 PM Insurance guidance? Covac,etc? [by the captain]
Our resort RCI points are refundable/insured. Our JetBlue tixx can cancel at anytime w/o penalty w/ full refund.

Half our party is vax w/boost, one kid vax, no boost and the other no vax (That all sounds like a Starbucks order...LOL.) but both had c19 in Nov.

So I was debating trip insurance & COVAC Global piqued our interest bc if we did get a positive test before our return flight to the US, could get home in a few days as opposed to 10 quarantine. This appealed to me as Im in healthcare and in my state, can return to work if symptom free within 5 days. Otherwise it seems that trip insurance stands to refund non refundable costs.

BUT.....COVAC GLOBAL changed its MO, as I suspected it would with the holiday surge. Their model did not seem sustainable...https://thepointsguy.com/news/covac-global-issues/ and of course people abused the system.

Im going to tinker on insuremytrip but is there other insurance I should be looking at as far as we test positive there besides the mandatory SXXM insure?
0 118 Read More
Yesterday at 02:57 PM Dingy crawl [by jagmansr]
Hello All,
Back in 2018 a group of us met up in the North Sound for a "dingy crawl" going to all the bars in the North Sound for drinks. Nick was a great host and even provided water canons for everyone. It was a great time meeting and partying with other TTOLers. We started and finished at Leverick Bay.
In memory of Nick, I'd love to do a "memorial" dingy crawl if there's interest and a doable date. My crew will be in the BVI Feb. 23 and again June 7. We go down 3 to 4 times a year so with planning we could arrange our dates in 2023 accordingly. Anyone game?
4 231 Read More
Yesterday at 02:23 AM Post arrival quarantine process? [by TechieTechie]
Before I plunk down the plastic for my gorgeous late Feb VRBO rental....can anyone speak to the process of post-arrival positive testing and quarantine? I like to at least think thru options before I go.

1. Quarantine at place of residence? Or centralized (have to assume the former)
2. How much is DOH involved and how responsive were they (I'm reading horror stories re: SXM DOH)
3. Length of quarantine (vaxxed if that makes a difference). I think it's 14 days?
4. What happens if your reservation ends before your quarantine period ends? This is particularly tricky because I'm in a private rental that is booked immediately after me. Extend stay? Hope to all that's holy that there is a reasonably priced, reasonably looking accommodation with outdoor space with no notice in high season impatient
5. Process to get out of quarantine jail and onto your return flight home?

Thanks. Seriously, the more I dig into this, the more I wonder if it's worth it. Stupid Covid

3 237 Read More
Yesterday at 01:26 AM Air Caribe engine [by Kennys]
Hello Folks ,
They are currently have started the plane and working on it to make sure it's okay to take off soon. Very good job. breakingnews
1 424 Read More
01/22/2022 10:50 PM Resorts in San Juan [by Husker]
Looking for recommendations for a week-long stay in San Juan, PR in late Feb. Any experience from the TTOL network at Condado Vanderbilt? Thanks!
2 138 Read More
01/22/2022 09:04 PM Tortola beaches [by macaroni]
Last minute change on our Oceania cruise has us stopping in Tortola. Should we taxi to Cane Gsrden Bay or ferry to Virgin Gorda and rent a car? We are in 7 go 7…guess will be more 7:30 by the time we can get off…thanks!
1 169 Read More
01/22/2022 05:59 PM Cell question (sorry I tried to find the answer) [by Beansbbq]
Hey folks,
It's been a long time since we set foot on the friendly island. I am trying to weigh my options for my cell. We have Xfinity mobile for our carrier which uses the Verizon backbone. I am debating the global day pass option or getting a island friendly sim card to use. We are staying in the orient village and will be doing some traveling around the island. I just am unsure of coverage around the island. I'll be the only one in the fam using their cell phone. Honestly I know this can usually spark a debate, like car rentals, but I am just looking to see what other folks usually do. I searched the threads but didn't really find what I was hoping for answers. Thanks to this amazing group of people like usual!!
17 678 Read More
01/22/2022 04:07 PM Onshore snorkeling on Tortola? [by TechieTechie]
Getting into the final stages of planning for an ad-hoc late Feb BVI vacation...I'm a injury plagued diver so probably best to limit my water time on this trip to snorkeling (very strong collegiate swimmer). I know VG has good snorkeling and I love the island (I could never get enough of Leverick's Roti :)) , but villa availability (and curiosity) has me focusing on Tortola.

Are there good onshore snorkeling spots in Tortola that aren't overrun with pod people? Don't mind rocky entries (have my diving boots and fins) and happy to have ideas PMed to me if you prefer not to give up your secret spot. I will definitely be booking a boat charter (or 2) to go to the Normans, Indians, etc...as I enjoyed those trips in the past. But days spent driving (top down, natch) or wading out to/fro a quiet snorkeling spot (broken up by a shaded lunch break) is pretty much my idea of nirvana.

Thanks!
Techie
14 571 Read More
01/22/2022 09:15 AM Cruise ships [by SXMBND]
Two cruise.ships anchored in SB for the past few days and none in Pburg.
Anyone know why??? Nothing in the Herald....
8 449 Read More