Member Spotlight
skyhawk8519
skyhawk8519
New, Market, MD
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
bugambilias
Who's Online Now
50 registered members (SXMNAN, KirkB, marisol, George1234, nevar37, BHK, gordaguy2, 706jim, pandpfromcanada, GaryC, WayneB, jbutah, jpfitzy7, bdeeley, mnstace, bagsarepacked, jsmin, JandIrene, jagmansr, SXMbeacher, Rbailey, SURICK, EllenS, Winterstale, Brian&Andi, Fred, GeorgeC1, louismcc, Kegoangoango, JasonHelmbrecht, wizoc, MamaB, IWIWSE, Kennys, Midsouth, dlparch, socamon, Dan58, BVIhockey, 11 invisible), 280 guests, and 406 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
4 hours ago As Always...CHECK Your Flights..More Delta Changes [by ruralcarrier]
Having had Delta cancel our original Nov. flights and since trying to find other days/options that would work, they are now different again. Delta continues to adjust, consolidate, eliminate and otherwise change in many ways the options for many to get to the island. It is almost a certain NO-GO for us now as I am not willing to overnight on either leg of the trip or risk a less than 1 hour connection time. As of a few days ago, there were some options on Delta that would have possibly worked had we changed our dates by a few days and paid more $$ but those are not even available now with the latest changes.

More moves that will have a negative impact on the economy of the island.

Good luck to anyone with flights booked.
4 189 Read More
13 hours ago Suggestions for Trip Itinerary – Antigua to Martinique (One Way) [by Bow]
I am planning on chartering a 50 ft monohull to sail from Antigua to Martinique (One Way) for March either 2021 or 2022. I plan on taking about 12 days for the sail.

I am considering stopping at Montserrat, Guadeloupe & The Saintes & Marie-Galante, Dominica and Martinique.

I am wide open as to suggestions, including leaving entire islands off the itinerary, best places to stop, off the beaten path anchorages, etc.
Interested in hearing the good and the bad including any safety concerns.

Thanks in advance.
1 37 Read More
13 hours ago Suggestions for Trip Itinerary – Antigua to Martinique (One Way) [by Bow]
I am planning on chartering a 50 ft monohull to sail from Antigua to Martinique (One Way) for March either 2021 or 2022. I plan on taking about 12 days for the sail.

I am considering stopping at Montserrat, Guadeloupe & The Saintes & Marie-Galante, Dominica and Martinique.

I am wide open as to suggestions, including leaving entire islands off the itinerary, best places to stop, off the beaten path anchorages, etc.
Interested in hearing the good and the bad including any safety concerns.

Thanks in advance.
0 25 Read More
Yesterday at 06:52 PM JB posts latest flight dates into June [by pat]
Just noticed the latest JB flight time updates in my emails for those who might be looking for later dates up to mid June.
0 140 Read More
Yesterday at 04:13 PM New video.. [by Manpot]
..on BVI Traveller promoting the opening on December 1. It makes it seem a little more real..that it really might happen!! I'm sure "Island" Jim Kelly produced the video..nice job..
11 448 Read More
Yesterday at 01:51 PM JB Schedule Changes [by pat]
I just received a notification that our JB 11/06 flight has been cancelled. According to the reservationist, there are now NO JFK to SXM flights on 11/06. All things subject to change, of course.
26 819 Read More
Yesterday at 01:19 PM 4 ships [by blackmercedes]
There are 3 ships in port and you can see the 4th coming from the Maho camera. Wish they had people on them...
6 613 Read More
09/26/2020 03:05 PM Alegria apparently wins at the Supreme Court [by BlueGreenWater]
Unreal.

https://news.sx/business/supreme-co...favor-of-alegria-in-toca-timeshare-case/
31 1,107 Read More
09/26/2020 01:29 PM USVI in Nov [by ligot]
So we're moving Tortuga to USVI again in Nov because we've had this trip planned since Jan and couldn't move the dates. It will be similar to the one we did in Aug in that we'll be picking up additional crew 2 days in. The difference is we'll be there longer, 12 days this time so we can be a little more flexible.

What I'm wondering this time:
Someone earlier mentioned a car/van day rental when we arrive. What was the grocery stop that was suggested and who was the rental company? I'm concerned about a vehicle holding 6 passengers, luggage and then a weeks worth of provisions.

Are there mooring balls in Frenchtown for a short stop? I was toying with picking up crew there and spending the night off of Water Island? If we do that, is there a market nearby for fill in provisioning or ice?

From a sailing point of view, are there stops on St Thomas we should make of point of seeing? Last time we pretty much spent every night off of St John. I don't believe any of the crew is really interested in Charlotte Amalie shopping.

Last trip we did every night dinner aboard. We'd consider a couple land based dinners if the restaurant had outdoor seating. Nothing fancy just decent view, food and drinks to get off the boat. Any suggestions?

Last time to the Annaberg ruins and the petroglyphs. Any other, light to moderate hikes anyone really loved?

Thanks for reading thru this and of course thanks for any guidance.

Dave
2 204 Read More
09/25/2020 08:53 PM No tropical cyclones for the next five days [by sxmmartini]
Good news... five days to relax and not watch the weather..
1 1 259 Read More