Member Spotlight
Dutchman
Dutchman
WNY
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
BlueWaterGirl
Who's Online Now
43 registered members (ColoBoater, Rbailey, barbannjack, RacerRon, nouth, macgrg, NCSailor, Sunflower, greg1, Bernd, SteveH, Billtjw, Deepcut, TravelHat, Jerry_R, tradewinds, bdeeley, Pitz, BeachKitten, mombgb, doctorj, SharonfromSXM, boucharda, BaardJ, sunmantwo, SXMbeacher, DuxDweller, bailau, JimandBeth, Tammy, deliveryskipper, George1234, jenniboston, jar867, eightzerobits, Seaisle, 7 invisible), 140 guests, and 416 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
11 minutes ago Showers [by RacerRon]
My wife and I have land based vacationed in the BVIs once before, but we are doing our first charter with another couple in a few months.
Are there any marinas or mooring locations that have decent showers? We are not too picky...but clean and hot would be a wonderful treat from the boat showers!

Cheers, RW
0 5 Read More
1 hour ago The Church band at Red Piano [by megamania]
We used to always go to the Red Piano on monday nights. The band was fabulous, and I believe it was call The Church. This past January, when we went, the band was totally different. And to be quite honest not half as good. Someone then told me that the original band members from the church,,,play at the Yacht Club one evening a week. Can anyone confirm, or add some validity to any of this.

Thanks
1 64 Read More
5 hours ago Halloween [by fabila]
Since SXMSammy is usually the one who posts the island's Halloween parties and I don't think he'll be the source for it this year, can anyone else help out? When is n Topper's, Buc's, etc . I know Red Piano is always on Halloween. Looking for a new Halloween party venue on Dutch side. Yes, we dress up.

Elaine?
1 127 Read More
5 hours ago Cell Phone Rental [by sc50]
In prior trips to St. Martin we have rented a cell phone from the Queen of SXM. That no longer seems to be an option.
Anyone have any suggestions about where we can rent a phone?
We will be staying on the French side, if that matters, and only plan on using the phone for local calls and/or emergencies.

Thanks,
5 153 Read More
6 hours ago Travel Calendar help [by Cincinnati_Kid]
Hi Guys !
Can no longer figure out how to put my travel week on the calendar.
I will be at the Divi from November 16- November 23.
Help ! I only see search options !

Cincinnati Kid/Don
2 162 Read More
6 hours ago Jet Blue change [by MamaB]
So happy!!! banana Jet Blue changed times for non-stop leaving JFK on Saturdays during high season. Instead of leaving 10:54 and arriving at 3:55, it's now leaving at 9 am.and arrives at 2:03.
No email notice- I only found out by going on their website and checking on our February flights.
1 174 Read More
8 hours ago St Croix [by ligot]
Barring any storm disruptions we're going to be doing a land based long weekend on the east end of St Croix for the end of Sept. We understand many places may/will be closed, we've done off season Caribbean before and love the quiet so that's fine.

Looking for easy things to do or see. I'm going to be 6 weeks post ankle surgery so mobility is limited due to a big plastic boot. We'll have a Jeep to get around.

I don't see much on STX here so I wondered about top restaurants, favorite beach bars, any sites or non rum related attractions? Excursions? Swimming should be fine but no fins.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Dave
1 60 Read More
9 hours ago Picking Up Crew Part 2 [by ligot]
So I liked the idea of picking up crew on St John but didn't want to hijack Ugo's thread and I had a few questions specific to that option.

1) existing crew check out of BVI and into Cruz Bay. Is there an app for check in? Swear I saw that mentioned before. Existing crew will be on a bareboat out of Tortola.
2) new crew arrives STT and ferries to SJ. How late to the ferries go? Is it the same limitations as going to BVI?
3) so far no immigration impact for new crew, correct? They just disembark ferry and all is good.
4) crews meet up, rum follows blah blah blah. Let's assume a couple of nights around SJ.
5) Can all crew now check out on an app? Do we all need to return to Cruz Bay?
6) Return to BVI to check in at Jost, Road Town or somewhere else.

Sorry if this has all been covered. We've always done the normal ferry to Road Town or flight to EIS. We've never done customs on boat.

Dave
2 58 Read More
10 hours ago Groups want aggressive marketers stopped [by Carol_Hill]
Daily Herald story

I don't understand why this is so hard to stop.
16 490 Read More
11 hours ago The Dump [by BeachKitten]
OMG! Lol. The cartoon with the minister and the bucket of water slays me!

https://stmaartennews.com/environment/wever-foils-creative-attempt-light-dump-flare-gun/
2 164 Read More