Member Spotlight
Lumpy
Lumpy
Ohio
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (SurfandSail, jazzgal), 41 guests, and 327 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
4 hours ago
VERY CURIOUS TO SEE IF ANYONE HAS RECENT PICS OF LEVERICK BAY [ WHICH 10 MOTHS AGO LOOKED LIKE A DISASTER AREA AFTER WW2..
ANYONE HAVE ANY RECENT PICS OF LEVERICK,BRAS AND BITTER END ??ANY PLACE PF v.g. HAE PLACES TO STAY AND IS THERE A REASON I SHOULD GO THERE NOW OR JUST WAIT ANOTHER YEAR OR TWO?? THANKS ALL..MIKE

WHERE ARE MY DOG ICONS ?? HAVE TO HAVE THEM
mIKE
0 22 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 hours ago
We were on pinel yesterday too. Yellow beach side. Took the last boat off pinell and had to wait for an obnoxious drunk party of women that took forever to pack up and get to the boat. Held up the boat and didn't care. Going back Tuesday again.
38 972 Read More
British Virgin Islands
7 hours ago
Finally, a voice of reason.

GH is one of the last relatively pristine deep harbors in the VI. So much fragile marine life, which will undoubtedly be chased away. And the coral! Very much alive and resplendent, which will also be destroyed.

And the history....ruins of the old coaling station which will no doubt be pilfered. And the very secret ruins of a Great House on the hill. (I spent scores of hours sitting with Conrad over the span of 40 years, before his passing. He finally gave me directions to the house that I knew existed, but could never find. And then I did.)

And even though the fishing operation is only conducted occasionally these days, it will be impossible to do so with the Willy-T traffic. (The entire area close to the beach is a BVI Protected Marine Area. HA! What were they thinking?!)

Now, the peace and tranquility of the bay will be replaced with gurgling generators, drunken aging frat-pirates bellowing Jimmy Buffett songs,
and a floating Senor Frog's.

I remember the days when Great Harbor was redlined by the bareboat companies because it was too deep to anchor, and there were no mooring balls. It was a favorite of those of us running crewed charter boats. Now it will be the bright porch light attracting all kinds of insects. And the lack of mooring balls?! That can and will be remedied in just a few days. Where there's a buck at stake, there's a way.

I join you in your heartache for Great Harbor.
Originally Posted by trueblue
Three points
So sad Great Harbor, a beautiful natural harbor will be hosting the Willie T. Not sure how the developer of an Eco resort can justify sending a fleet of boats here.

There are not enough balls in the harbor currently to support the number of boats who will descend on the Willie T.

We are here tonight and watched them site the anchor spots for the Willie T. On the shore opposite the barge.

My heart is breaking.
24 1,591 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
8 hours ago
Zee Best in Simpson Bay Yacht Club area has crepes.

Nutella, cinnamon, sugar, or savories.

Edit: oops, sorry...you just said "at night". Zee Best closes after lunch.
1 79 Read More
SXM People Talk
8 hours ago
Re: holding the umbrella... Roflmao Carol!👍😄. Bill
7 132 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
8 hours ago
That is great news.

Hope the friends are ok.
1 281 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
9 hours ago
i wouldn't trust a tri rail parking lot even for one overnight.
12 398 Read More
British Virgin Islands
9 hours ago
I agree Leverick, but another option is JVD great harbor and enjoy white bay and little jost on 2 different days.
7 269 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Always been Otto for us!
6 255 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:46 PM
Cost U Less is a shell of it's former self. May not have any as they don't have much.
8 394 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:58 PM
Pineapple Pete it is. Thanks for answering the question.

alecu
5 230 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:30 PM
Will let know about the office. We still haven’t been there. I think we were a little misdirected. They are now closed until Tuesday. We met some great people on the beach. Beach balls from Maine to California challenged the windy conditions today. It was a wet track with Snowballs winning the inaugural. A sixtieth celebration for the mare Cappy yielded rum shots for the entire field. Another fabulous day in St. Martin.
The odds are it will be a repeat tomorrow.
carib cheers,
doctorj
15 2,859 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:24 PM
Ship was in today.
7 1,267 Read More
Southern Caribbean
Yesterday at 08:14 PM
We recently sailed from St. Lucia to Grenada. Fun trip, but logistics were a bit more involved than our past charters in the Leewards. We stayed the night before in St. Lucia, but were not near a grocery store, so we decided we would just do a very light provision at the marina store and then stock up as we go. We also tend to eat out quite a bit so we mainly just needed breakfast, snacks, and drinks. We heard there was decent shopping in Bequia, as well as other options as we continue down the islands, so we figured we should be able to pick up what we need as we go.

Long story short, we should have taken the time to provision in St. Lucia - or taken advantage of the pre-provisioning option. We found that there just weren't very many options once we got into SVG and the selection at stores was often pretty limited. We actually ended up eating out even more than we had planned out of necessity as we couldn't find the food to put together a decent meal. I should disclose that we were with our three somewhat picky kids which didn't make it any easier. Still, I would encourage you to stock up in Grenada, pre-provision with the charter company, or have the ladies make a run to a store in St. Vincent - if you are comfortable with that. We personally found St. Vincent to be a kind of funky place (at least where we stopped for the night) and I'm not sure what selection they have anyway so maybe ask the charter company about that.

There are others on this board that have more experience than us sailing the Grenadines, but feel free to reach out if you have any questions for me.

Matt
4 158 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:22 PM
Thanks for the report. I'll be experiencing everything myself starting two weeks from today!
6 623 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 06:41 PM
that's great news. this time we came on the island just the two of us. no kids. but now we miss them so much that we want to return home yesterday.

alecu
11 828 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 12:52 PM
OK, thanks.
47 1,614 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 12:02 PM
I second George's comment on Charlie's. We ate there last month and our crew loved it!
3 367 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 06:57 AM
We stayed one night in Sheraton Miami airport and it was the best airport hotel, we’ve ever stayed in. Had a so called club room, with free breakfast and a lounge with drinks and snacks. The pool area was really nice too. It’s situated just beside the car rental center. Free shuttle. Will definitely stay there again if we need a room in the area.
12 1,574 Read More
World Wide Travel
Yesterday at 03:59 AM
Stockholm is a beautiful city and has much to offer the tourist and business traveller. I visited there last month and feel myself like in fairy tale. City Hall,Skansen, Icebar are very beautiful places to visit in Stockholm. There are fascinating streets and buildings everywhere. I think you need to go there at least once.
3 1,520 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 12:09 AM
It may or may not be correct on the chart plotter depending on what model and software. The same chart plotter can also be correct one day and wrong the next since the chart set the plotter displays can come from different overlapping charts depending on direction of arrival. Load Walkers waypoints and you will not be wrong! Don’t rely on the chart overlays.
G
16 799 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/25/2018 10:43 PM
The Hunt for the Ultimate Cocktail: Category 5 Plus: Hundreds of smashed bottles of the finest liquors and only a few intact ones left... our resident mixologists had to be truly creative during the first days after Hurricane Irma hit the island this past September. They had to come up with some new cocktails with very limited resources. Who could blame the bartenders for naming their concoctions 'Category Five Plus' or 'Irma Special'? Suddenly we have a few Cat 5s too many around and need to find out which one deserves the name. Category 5+ Hurricane Irma is part of our history, we made it through and we don't mind vicious Irma to be remembered as a drink causing a serious hang-over. drinking
https://www.st-maarten.com/index.php/poll
0 178 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/25/2018 10:41 PM
Will definitely be having one when we return in July.
1 293 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
05/25/2018 10:34 PM
We had another great visit to DSR, I'm sure hopeful they can find a buyer to continue the trajectory that the Youngs have started. The steady hand of the Youngs after a tumultuous period in the resort's history seems to have paid off. The resort looks better than ever, there are more people visiting during the week when we like to go, the restaurant is busy nearly every day and the physical condition has never been better. Seems that the marketing has been aimed at the younger generation, and during our short stay we noticed more younger couples than in the past.

Here's to a fantastic resort, and a nod to the hard work of the Youngs leaving it much better than they found it.
3 987 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/25/2018 09:41 PM
Those IAD and ORD flights are listed as resuming beginning November 3.
6 404 Read More
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11