Member Spotlight
Jeff_C
Jeff_C
Lancaster County PA. Home of the Pennsylvania Dutch Nudist
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
cpnsxm, grower53, J_Shan
Who's Online Now
57 registered members (FRANKIE2, Biturbo, DuxDweller, Docmont, Sandsailsun, socamon, LionFRR, deputydog1157, pedalpusher, PnPinNC, Ackman, xrayman67, dlparch, Zoe Petrosino, Carib_Ian, CLIFFTOPS, Fletch, deliveryskipper, SXMbeacher, jpfitzy7, Boondox, caribbeangirl13, Latadjust, VI Fun!, Alec Atteberry, Sunnykm, GeorgeC1, Zanshin, Thistle, Sunluvers, George1234, SteveH, Manpot, bigbobthib, OceanSong, bran, KirkB, jbutah, Fran, Marsh, 17 invisible), 602 guests, and 400 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
4 minutes ago
Hey Kim - we had to provision TP and paper towels (though I don't think we used as much as we thought we would). Also - we went through WAY more water than I thought. Started with 12 gallons for 6 people and ended up getting another 12 for a 7 day charter. Same with rum :-)
5 59 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
39 minutes ago
It may depend on the level of coverage and the particular plan.
10 660 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
52 minutes ago
Thanks for the report. It definitely pays to check the cruise ship schedule before heading to Sunset!!
2 157 Read More
Southern Caribbean
1 hour ago
We’ve chartered with Barefoot and I really liked them. Their chart briefing was excellent. We had an older boat but it handled well. We did have engine problems and the charter company was responsive although we had to pay for the work done and were reimbursed. When we had similar issues when on a Sunsail boat we did not have to pay. I highly suggest doing a one way. We’ve done both and felt rushed when we had to return to St. Lucia. We were pretty lucky with weather so the upwind sails weren’t too bad but still long and uncomfortable. One way is so worth it not just for the fact that you don’t have to do the slog back but because you get to see so much more of these beautiful islands. I grew up down there so I’m sort of biased I have to admit. Oh and I also recommend starting in St. Lucia...it’s such a beautiful island! The Pitons are breathtaking.
10 918 Read More
Southern Caribbean
1 hour ago
Looking for advice from Sunsail/Moorings owners.

If you read my earlier post you saw that we are looking into charter boat ownership. Thanks all for your advice about different companies. I think we are going to go with Sunsail/Moorings for 2 major reasons...one the flexibility of being able to sail in different parts of the world and two the guaranteed income and the fact we don’t have to pay for maintenance.

My question is where would it be best to have it charter out of. Our choices are BVI, St. Lucia, Grenada. Anyone have experiences with these bases as owners? Do you feel like one place would get less wear and tear on the boat? I was thinking Grenada or St. Lucia over BVI just due to the fact that I feel like more inexperienced people charter in the BVI over the windward islands. If you have your boat at any of the above places do you have feedback on how you feel they take care of your boat?
0 10 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
Looking for advice from Sunsail/Moorings owners.

If you read my earlier post you saw that we are looking into charter boat ownership. Thanks all for your advice about different companies. I think we are going to go with Sunsail/Moorings for 2 major reasons...one the flexibility of being able to sail in different parts of the world and two the guaranteed income and the fact we don’t have to pay for maintenance.

My question is where would it be best to have it charter out of. Our choices are BVI, St. Lucia, Grenada. Anyone have experiences with these bases as owners? Do you feel like one place would get less wear and tear on the boat? I was thinking Grenada or St. Lucia over BVI just due to the fact that I feel like more inexperienced people charter in the BVI over the windward islands. If you have your boat at any of the above places do you have feedback on how you feel they take care of your boat?

Thanks for you help
0 52 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
Good to know.
27 1,311 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
Hopefully soon.
27 1,206 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
As mentioned above it is still there. There was a tug a distance away from the boat this AM with a zodiac right against D Boat. Seas are reasonably calm with minimal wave activity. I would try to get another pic but it would not be different from pic #1....but with less wave activity

Anyone on the upper floors of both SBR B buildings or F building can see it easily
59 2,400 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
Buddyhog, Glad you enjoyed Saba, and Donna!
4 348 Read More
British Virgin Islands
4 hours ago
we go to Leverick and take taxi late afternoon then eat at Coco Maya
15 516 Read More
British Virgin Islands
5 hours ago
Finally was able to heard all the cats together and booked a Bali 4.3 through DYC. We are flying right into Beef Island May 2nd - get in at 1430. Depart early Sunday May 10 0815! So excited to be going back after a three year break. I know it won't be the same as before Irma (will especially miss Saba Rock!) Really looking forward to spending some time on Scrub Island is it will be my first time.

I will be spending a lot of time in front of Soggie Dollar bar to see if I can find that $100 bill I lost back in 2017 duh....and drinking pain killers toast

Really interested to try the Bali 4.3 which is basically a floating hotel.... hope it doesn't sail like one! We got a 2020 version so hopefully they have worked out a lot of the kinks.... swing by for a drink if you see us down there!
0 80 Read More
British Virgin Islands
5 hours ago
Always loved his playing an a great guy too. He used to be a regular at Myett's before it became Puss-etts.
3 471 Read More
British Virgin Islands
6 hours ago
They allowed us to clear in and out at Jost last time but do they do this each time? We will likely be 10 days
6 279 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 hours ago
My thinking is:
1. whenever the MAX returns it will be the SAFEST plane in the sky. No other plane has gone through the more rigorous evaluation imposed on the MAX
2. All of the other planes in the Sky will be flying under the same old certification rules (relying on Airbus and Boeing to self inspect) and scrutiny that was applied when the MAX was originally approved.

If you watch the series MAYDAY you will realize that there is always the possibility that a new defect will pop up on an older plane.

I will fly the MAX.
14 499 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 hours ago

Kim said that she was billed on WIFI calls to SXM from the states......

If I called the Peli Deli from SBR it would be an international call
SXM is not in the USA thus there is a charge...call the Peli Deli from the USA ...charge....call anywhere in the USA FROM SXM ...no charge...call the US cell phone of a friend staying in SXM...no charge
71 2,107 Read More
World Wide Travel
8 hours ago
Working on organizing my pictures and trying to remember where we went last fall in Azores. !!! It’s a stretch for my aging brain .

Will mainly a picture trip report me thinks .

I do know we stayed on Sao Miguel and drove around every inch of it for a week ...very cool . We then had an apartment in Madeira...not technically Azores but also very cool. Stay tuned
3 121 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
8 hours ago
Originally Posted by Kennyxx50
Don`t remember a place with a jar,but the business was at the end of a small mall area There were a lot of small shops next to it.This was back in the 90`s.I remember Ric`s being in Simpson Bay,but don`t remember when they moved.

You are thinking of the Olde Street location for Ric's Place. It would have been early 90's as they were on Front Street sometime by the mid-90's. I had a detailed email from Ric, discussing the timeline, but it was lost a year ago when my computer died.
23 666 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
8 hours ago
Hopefully they checked the bags for free. With the turmoil with AA, Delta is the only viable option many people have. I am taking AA down in March and Delta back (due to pricing & sxchedule) and I am still concerned AA is going to mess with the schedule.
20 803 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
8 hours ago
And, the cost of taking a credit card is built into the menu prices which would likely rise if they did start taking credit cards. I can go either way but cash only would not stop me from going to a place I wanted to go to.
22 1,160 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
8 hours ago
I also had a great lunch experience last Sunday
2 389 Read More
British Virgin Islands
9 hours ago
Mid April will likely be crowded as that is during Easter. Little Harbor will have plenty of room to get a mooring ball. There are taxi's available at Abes and at Sindney's Peace and Love.

Cynthia at Harris's is a hoot. The food is excellent!
8 630 Read More
British Virgin Islands
21 hours ago
I answered your other thread. We didn’t visit Taboo except to tie up the dinghy for a walk to the Bubbly Pool.
6 606 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
We watched it at Leverick and it was a great time.
5 292 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:51 PM
When that moves my pool which is 50 ft above sea level will be full of rubble.!
5 724 Read More
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12