Member Spotlight
UncleLuff
UncleLuff
Ottawa, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
jdmtsm, stjames, UpNorthMI
Who's Online Now
55 registered members (hotdogman, weeks5051, Maranjo, Tom, SoakInSaltwater, snmhanson, bailau, Xave, GW248, ChiTownHarry, PLW5021, Julius, ScurvyD, tradewinds, Cjhcco, MamaB, Alec Atteberry, sunmantwo, bobsob, deliveryskipper, pl3, Kevin_B, Snorkeller, Bip, Maria_and_Steve, captmonk, EdB, JimRuos, johndana274, jenniboston, SANFILIP, sail445, 23 invisible), 162 guests, and 447 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 minutes ago
Read yesterday that flights to Caribbean should drop.
We booked AA already for Dec/Jan time frame direct from PHL to SXM. (months ago) for $500 each.
They have been around $1200 since. Now, some are back to $500 figure.
Worth a shot.
Tom
0 7 Read More
British Virgin Islands
29 minutes ago
For those interested in SJU>EIS options:

Just booked six SJU>EIS RT tickets for early/mid December. Originally booked with Silver but ended up cancelling because the arrival at SJU on the return only left about 2 1/2 hours to make our connection and Silver's on-time record is not great. Ended up re-booking with InterCaribbean with an earlier arrival which will give us about 5 hours. Both airlines came in around $250-300 round trip. The ticket price for the InterCaribbean was on the higher side of that spectrum, but it included one piece of checked luggage per person whereas Silver was going to charge $39 per piece each way. After factoring that in InterCaribbean was the less expensive option as we will have at least one checked bag per person. I looked at Cape Air as well but they were over twice as much - maybe for a reason but multiply that by six and it adds up to a significant amount. I get a little nervous with the reliability of some of these regional airlines but I make sure to get travel insurance that will cover missed connections or cancelled flights.

We are flying JetBlue into San Juan (from Portland, OR) and then spending a few days there before heading to the BVIs as it's pretty much impossible to get to Tortola in one day. We are doing the return home all in one day though since we get an extra three hours of travel with the time change. I asked JetBlue about booking the return from EIS on the same ticket since Silver shows as a partner, but they couldn't do it. The only airline they could book on the same ticket is Cape Air - but at a higher price. I could have linked tickets on Silver purchased separately with my JetBlue tickets and then had my Jet Blue boarding passes printed at the Silver counter at EIS and my luggage checked through. However, JetBlue would not have been responsible for a missed connection since the Silver ticket was purchased separately.

I got the six of us round trip SJU>EIS for what I consider a reasonable price at just over $1,700 but it wasn't easy to coordinate everything. And I still have to be on the ball and keep an eye on schedule changes and cancellations. Not like the "old" days when you booked all the way through with American and they'd even let you layover in Puerto Rico for a couple days.
28 1,247 Read More
World Wide Travel
30 minutes ago
Hey JP, it is not on the itinerary, but I'll research!! Almost feels like a sin not going to Normandy...especially this year.
6 30 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
46 minutes ago
I would suggest to the owners and holdouts that while most of us who like Club O will spring back and become a customer when/if the resort reopens, every day/week/month/year that goes by your customers are finding something new and pretty good to go to: other resorts on sxm , other islands than sxm, resorts in the usa, nude cruises. Some folks are getting old and or dying, so we all cant wait forever so please get on with it.

My biggest fear is a resolution, a rapid rebuilding and sky high prices. Club O had a premium worth paying, but for us there is a limit and they will want to recover investments that had to be made.
15 944 Read More
British Virgin Islands
57 minutes ago
Cool...we see that boat all the time down there and although not a grad of Clemson am still a fan which is tempered somewhat because my son is a Gamecock...:)
35 1,377 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by MrEZgoin
For general use, IMO the best flashlight is a headlamp.

Great for the dinghy at night and the BBQ and hiking down the beach.
5 396 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
I'd wait until she was at least 6.
2 124 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
Matt,

If you’d like to talk about the current Nautitechs and a solution to the upper lounge space versus performance, send me a PM. We have a new 46 Fly for charter in BVI that sounds like a perfect fit.
1 135 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
I like Mahogany car rental. Good web site easy to deal with.
4 232 Read More
General Caribbean
2 hours ago
You will like the Abaco Inn. We rented “Captain's Quarters” a house next door April 2018, and enjoyed Abaco Inn and their hospitality. Be sure to reserve a golf cart early.

We also chartered Sunsail a couple of years earlier. Different crew wants to go back. We may do that sometime soon
5 241 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
The parking lot was jammed morning and afternoon when we drove by today. We prefer Super U. The prices are significantly better for the items we purchase such as cheese and liquor to name two .
12 760 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Yes, if you fly FC on AA you can order a Fruit and Cheese Plate from 1 to 30 days in advance. Unlike the other FC meal choices,, the Fruit and Cheese plate is only available on a pre-order basis.
10 494 Read More
British Virgin Islands
5 hours ago
Cash & Carry has the same pricing as Riteway now. The difference is the packaging sizes available at C&C offer larger sizes of some items. The beer and soda don't seem much cheaper at Tico so I'm not sure I'd bother. Sometimes the liquor prices are cheaper at Tico but depending on what you want, you may also have to order from Caribbean Cellars as they carry different liquor, wine, and beer brands with no overlap.
1 105 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
Wilfred does a great job! Too bad for you that they replaced SXM with Tortola. Not a good replacement at all!
1 252 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
8 hours ago
Correct J.D .
14 1,136 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
8 hours ago
Thanks!!
10 389 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
10 hours ago

:

11 833 Read More
British Virgin Islands
11 hours ago
Mark and Wes:

Thanks for the recommendations! We'll be in the BVI for 3 full weeks starting this Friday and I'll try out both.

Jim
S/V Ocean Song
3 302 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
18 hours ago
I'm still so shocked by the "politically correct" comment.

It truly means, that they are extremely careful not to offend or upset any group of people in society who have a disadvantage, or who have been treated differently because of their sex, race, or disability. The abbreviation PC is also used.

This in regards to FACTS of marine biology.
18 1,243 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:47 PM
That refrigerator is similar to one found in a small travel trailer. Slightly bigger than a dorm fridge but still small in my books.
36 1,845 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by IFlyVFR
Originally Posted by Christo
Oh and if you want a rum-loving American skipper full to the brim with salty stories, with a great 'can-do' attitude then ask in advance for Captain Lou! They may have to drag him out of the bar, but he's good value! He did our last couple of check-out briefings and we got on very well with him. Knows his stuff and read us very well and got stuff fixed by calling his 'mates' rather than going through the normal chain and got us off the dock in record time.
At BVI YC they hadn't heard from or seen Captain Lou in a long time. Is he still around? I have heard positive feedback about him. . .

He was down island doing a delivery early May. But was back on Tortola and working ad-hoc for Moorings/Sunsail mid-May through to mid-June this year...no first hand knowledge after that. I know that Irma took his house, car and boat...but it sounded like he was back on his feet now.
19 903 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 05:35 PM
Good for the island and the people of Saba but so sad that all SXM does on this subject, like on so many others, is talk, talk, talk! It would certainly be a help to some of the dump issues. Or is that still talk, talk, talk too?!
2 185 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
Yesterday at 05:03 PM
The biggest complaint about these cruises seems to be that they are sold as nude cruises and it is very difficult to be able to get chairs ondeck. And with this itinerary, the only real nude opportunity is the private island. I personally would rather book a nicer ship with a better cabin for the same amount of money, and stop in SXM for the day..
4 907 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 04:52 PM
That one would be perfect & a yuuge seller.
4 1,022 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 04:16 PM
Sadly, I've been on Tortola for NYE the last 2 years.
10 443 Read More
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11