Member Spotlight
YachtReprise
YachtReprise
East End, Tortola / Chicago
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
read44, SharonV1
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (bailau, cacapasa, MNsnowbird, 1 invisible), 55 guests, and 403 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
Thanks Carol. They definitely will be easier to clean and should look much nicer too.
23 1,059 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
They mean ONLY the best they have tried. I agree that is not the way to choose THE BEST! 😊
22 657 Read More
British Virgin Islands
6 hours ago
Forgot to add that we rent a car in Anegada as well. Much more freedom to go to different beach bars and not too expensive. Check out Anegada Beach Club. They have a great pool for the kids to swim in. We typically do Cow Wreck, ABC, Loblolly. We use SNK Amazing Rentals. Stephy has always taken care of us!
26 1,950 Read More
British Virgin Islands
6 hours ago
Not to mention the 80 F* immersion bath off the scoop and the hot water rinse coming back onboard. Far as I'm concerned, that is just as good as a spa day.
11 498 Read More
British Virgin Islands
6 hours ago
We have done reef tour x 2 with Sherwin. We did see flamingos on 1 trip.

(Other suggestion is Gumption tour of Necker Island). Both are fantastic. Both guys are also fantastic.

Pick one (or both) for your next trip.
6 298 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 hours ago
Hi everyone,
We’re looking for accommodations till fri night anywhere on island, unforeseen change of plans.
Looking for inexpensive and available, anywhere on island.
Suggestions welcome.
0 69 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 hours ago
clapping wave clapping
20 857 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 hours ago
We use Chippie on both the French and Dutch side with no issues (we stay in orient Bay Village). We found Chippie was cheaper than Dauphin. My suggestion is to get a Dutch side SIM card (Chippie offers both French side and Dutch side numbers) if you are used to the Noth American dialing system.
17 544 Read More
British Virgin Islands
8 hours ago
George, we’ve chartered the Sunsail 445, Moorings 4000, and 4500. All great boats with wonderful features. 4500 with water maker and ice maker was the bomb!

Individual AC controls will be nice as not all pax have the same climate preferences while sleeping. And these days, all returning cruisers are requiring AC and all the amenities.

I’ve been lusting after the 5000 since she was announced; likely late 2020 charter for us once the window opens.

Nice blog at http://svhappytogether.com/ about their new fully tricked out Leopard 5000, though it doesn’t have the sun deck. 800k base, 1.3M total!

Of course, we’ve always found that you probably only spend 4 to 5 hours under way, and ~ 20 hours at anchor/dock/mooring - so the amenities typically win out over the sailing characteristics. But I love the way Leopards have all lines to the helm, power winches (2 in newest models) etc.

3 238 Read More
British Virgin Islands
9 hours ago
Silver announced a 15% discount for travel this fall. IncludeS SJU-EIS Quick booking window.
https://www.silverairways.com/discover-silver/sales/travel-deals
13 975 Read More
World Wide Travel
Yesterday at 09:57 PM
FRANCE part 6, August 2019

I woke up extremely o-dark early and my wife was sound asleep and the room was so dark and so quiet, I couldn't lie there anymore. I snuck out quietly on my own to watch the sunrise, which was unimpressive behind the heavy clouds. I was alone on the streets except for a rare passing work truck, I liked that. I made it to the lake and as far as a small marina. I was in search of bike or boat rentals. Our daughters roommate was just in Annecy and said the bike ride along the lake was a highlight. After watching the geese do geese things I found a cup of coffee and the cafe manger said he'll serve breakfast at 0700, so back to the room to see if she was stirring.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Around 0730 we were up and about. We took our rain gear because it was that kind of a morning. A return to the lake was nice and still very quiet. Found some boating options then back in to town to try to find a new sim card because mine was out of data from mapquesting, 4G is not enough! Even in the occasional down pour we enjoyed our walk through Old Town, stopping in clothing shops and eventually entering the Eglise Notre Dame de Liesse, another beautiful church, candle lit!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It looked like the weather was gonna be poor all day, that won't stop us, so we decided to hop in the car and drive to Chamonix to try to get a glimpse of the highest peak in this part of Europe, Mont Blanc. Weather ceiling was extremely poor all day, but the drive through the Alps was very enjoyable with dramatic cloud coverage. Chamonix reminded us of ski towns in Switzerland we have visited, it included a partial view of a close up glacier, pics not so nice, but nice just the same! The rain was intermittent so we shopped a little in the many outdoor gear shops. Decided to drive the back roads on the return to Annecy, even took a detour to the site of the 1992 Winter Olympics, Albertville!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

After descending from the mountainside we were welcomed by glorious sunshine nearing Lake Annecy. We decided to stop for dinner at a micro-hotel on the water, beautiful sunset created great atmosphere for wonderful food and wine. Donna had a delicious trout dish and I had the thickest and most tender piece of veal I've ever had. By the way we found the prices for top notch dinners, including wine, to be really reasonable all throughout France, but if you want to spend $$$ that is available too!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Back in Annecy we spent the rest of the evening walking the lovely town in outstanding weather. Annecy stays awake until about 10pm, then it becomes sleepy, the way we like it most of the time.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

To be continued....
0 30 Read More
General Photo Gallery
Yesterday at 09:46 PM
FRANCE 6
0 9 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:26 PM
Tropical Storm Watches have been issued for St. Maarten, St. Martin and St. Barts.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCPAT5+shtml/182040.shtml?
3 498 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:53 PM
..and no it won't. This one is done.
15 1,013 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:44 PM
Thanks a lot - it's always nice to know who else will be on the island when we are. I always enjoyed the old calendar. I couldn't find a tutorial on the new one.
4 368 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:46 PM
Hi. Check out this FAQ link about how to post pictures.
12 1,034 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:32 PM
Enjoy your trip!
3 339 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 05:59 PM
Hoping you are right George!
15 1,090 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:17 PM
We love the beach in morning and around 3 in the afternoon. Sun's lower, crowds gone or not there yet. 45 minutes in the sea then happy hour at the bar is a perfect day for us. And I'm up by 5.
8 418 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 02:45 PM
They will come back it's hypoallergenic.
20 840 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 01:39 PM
Well, there's another good question! When even Sarah doesn't know whether they even have a firm agreement with the Dutch for the financing of the airport, something is seriously messed up!!
33 1,933 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 01:06 PM
duh Sorry!
35 1,861 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:42 AM
I just received a notice from Jet Blue for our Oct 27 flight it is leaving 15 min later and same on arrival maybe it’s to far off for your notice .
2 382 Read More
World Wide Travel
Yesterday at 11:18 AM
We did a Rhine cruise a couple years ago on Amawaterways and were very pleased with the boat, the crew, and the food. Would not hesitate to recommend Amawaterways. Here is a link to our blog:

Rhine Blog

Safe travels
3 98 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Kmon
The Cooper Island webcam hasn't updated for almost 3 weeks. I guess they won't reactivate it until they re-open.

Interesting...I am sure I have used in past in October so maybe just out. Alternatively you could look at the boatyball site for Cooper and just make sure there is an open ball there you could hang out on which wont get checked.
10 797 Read More
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9