Member Spotlight
Jaybird
Jaybird
East Texas
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Eddy, ib4ut1, Kentth, The_Lurker
Who's Online Now
50 registered members (o2bnsxm, Todd_Melinda_K, Aries4, PnPinNC, beachy, xrayman67, ScurvyD, cbinparadise, Alec Atteberry, VGerfo, MGA, kbd, GW248, LennyM, ARC, dcareri, SandS, ohstate, Sedona, wrnchbender, Buddyhog, ronnieernie, NotquiteCapnRon, hotdogman, GeorgeC1, Sunnykm, warren460, bailau, Memphré, SXMbeacher, deliveryskipper, Carib_Ian, NCSailor, DanS, f250mike, Breeze, PML, barryvabeach, 12 invisible), 276 guests, and 406 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
48 minutes ago
Thanks for the great report! We generally get around the BVI by sailing, which we love, but your trip sounds like a helluva lot of fun too!

Dan cheers
2 138 Read More
British Virgin Islands
51 minutes ago
There is usually a ball or two that turns over in the afternoon. Beware powercats when that happens. They will blow through the mooring fields at 12 knots to beat out that slow sailboat! Swimmers and kayaks had better move!
22 498 Read More
Afloat
1 hour ago
Yes, maybe this will result in much better containment of things like Noro, which is much more common, as of now, anyway.
9 168 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Thanks for the report. Sounds like fun!
4 596 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:05 PM
Look for the Cupecoy Beach Bar sign between Blue Mall and Porto Cupecoy, of course across the road. You'll find Dany and he will let you know which beach has sand as there is a series of 4 beaches there. Seldom crowded, $5 to park there by the bar but you can park next to the half demolished Ocean Club for free and walk in. As to bathroom facilities I share this comment from another travel forum

"I like the bathroom situation at Cupecoy Beach Bar. My wife had to go to the bathroom so I asked Dany. He looked me up and down and said, "For you?!" and I said "My wife" and he pointed to an outhouse kind of thing. Later I had to go too so I went to him again and he pointed to the bushes. I walked in there and he followed me and said "Not on my garden!!" and we were both laughing. He pointed me to a different spot and said, "Okay, that's good". I came out of the shrubs still laughing and he was too."
2 353 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 09:03 PM
Can you anchor by sids and comfortably come to shore?
22 1,197 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by ligot
So funny to see the itineraries out of Scrub. Sooooo many of the others take off out of Roadtown you're used to seeing people end at Norman or Peter. When I saw yours keep going it threw me till I remembered DYC and Marine Max now going out of Scrub. That seems to have been a brilliant idea for them to bring in some additional pool, bar and dinner business.

Yes! Big plus for both sides I imagine. Really looking forward to starting and ending the trip at Scrub its kind of like adding a extra day to your sail trip! An added bonus, gets us out of the regular counter clockwise route!
6 486 Read More
SXM People Talk
Yesterday at 07:38 PM
0 181 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:17 PM
kim and pat--thanks for your input on the situation. We thought about it many years ago. Never got far enough to be looking at property. Don't regret it at all.
9 1,295 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 06:27 PM
That is better than the straight 650.00 for the American lounge yearly pass. I currently have the Citi Platinum card that I pay 90 for so I might cancel that one and do that for next year which would be cheaper in the long run.
15 775 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 05:37 PM
My friend Davita's husband would get a bag of self leveling cement and pour it in their pothole. Then add water and voila! LOL
5 328 Read More
SXM People Talk
Yesterday at 05:00 PM
It depends on what airlines and passenger status with airline. You can sometimes get them at day of online check in for free. Have done it many times with no preferred status.
13 194 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 04:36 PM
Thanks, yup, already connected with Kevin.
5 237 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 04:26 PM
Thanks for sharing this, Carol. This is good news, but nonetheless people visiting St. Martin should still be aware that crime exists everywhere in the Caribbean and good common sense should always be a priority. I've always considered St. Martin safer than the Bahamas or Jamaica (places where your safety was only assured when on resort properties). It's important to not overreact the next time a crime is reported in the Daily Herald. When you stop and think about the thousands of tourists who visit St. Martin each year, in reality it is a very, very small percentage you are victimized by crime. When it does occur, it generates sensational journalism that serves a good purpose by reporting this, but also frightens many people and even paralyzes some.
1 183 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 04:15 PM
Scuba Doo for the win! Nice pic. Not sure we're going to make it up there in March. Not sure how many days we'll have at launch so we may be sticking in the channel.

Enjoy!
Dave
4 333 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by KTGoesAway
We did the ferry on Sunday from Tortola, mandatory stop at Red Hook to clear customs, on to Charlotte Amalie, all told took about 90 mins to
an hour 45. STT airport customs and TSA easily took another 90 minutes +++.

Originally Posted by KTGoesAway
We did the ferry on Sunday from Tortola, mandatory stop at Red Hook to clear customs, on to Charlotte Amalie, all told took about 90 mins to
an hour 45. STT airport customs and TSA easily took another 90 minutes +++.

Uh I mean Saturday! My brain is still fried from the sun!!
14 1,102 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 03:18 PM
Pretty sure the bakery is still there. They have a big sign up in Great Harbour pointing the way to their shop. We didn’t make it there but I saw people heading down the street toward it, and it looked open.
5 316 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 02:44 PM
There is a fuel dock (was in October) in Great Harbour. It's on the pier on the west side of the harbour.
2 244 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 02:25 PM
There was a meeting in Parliament regarding this issue yesterday. Hopefully this policy will be modified, as it is terrible. Daily Herald story
7 476 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 01:01 PM
I think they are exactly the same. I know the 45 Beneteau was identical to the factory 3 cabin 45.
G
18 1,131 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 12:38 PM
Warren460 re Cooper Is, we've only ever been on a ball there but each time have seen skippered boats come in and if there's no balls available they drop anchor closer to the beach on the right hand side as you look at it if you see what I mean, East of the resort beach; being local skippers I've taken it that it's permissible but bow to your better judgement if you say they're breaking the law.
6 556 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 12:27 PM
Hi Krafty81

Nanny Cay does extend a discount to our inhouse charter guests, as well as frequent travellers, local travellers and a few others. The rooms have varying rates and it sounds like you had a deluxe room with two queen beds (new room) and the discount applied. The other person must have had a standard room with two double beds, but possibly got upgraded for one reason or another (possibly someone extended their stay and his original room was not available, or there could have been a maintenance issue or something).

I hope you enjoyed your stay and found the room comfortable.

Hope to see you next time.
10 2,801 Read More
BVI People Talk
Yesterday at 03:25 AM
Great Pictures!! Love the rainbow and turtles!!
4 2,006 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 01:34 AM
I know this reply is too late to help for the 16th, but well-maintained balls (approximately 10) are available in Deep Bay. The balls are just off Oil Nut Bay Marina and one pays at the marina office.
4 511 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 01:03 AM
What a nice idea, an no live animals that have to suffer, either. I wonder where it goes after St. Martin? Thanks for sharing this.
1 440 Read More
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16