Member Spotlight
DaveS
DaveS
Milwaukee, WI
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
bacilove3562, lara1994, MelodyAE, moggsie, Nicecat
Who's Online Now
14 registered members (George1234, Mikel, IWIWSE, RonDon, jrw, bailau, bbeach, sunmantwo, Fred, 5 invisible), 76 guests, and 410 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
24 minutes ago
Last days are truly sad. But you’ll have these beautiful photos to warm you until next trip.
3 275 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
26 minutes ago
Bran, I wasn’t being negative just not memorable like some other places have been this trip.

As to if what I say is true about chef now owner at Be Cool, I did not ask him in our conversation which was about my quest to find “Carol” (see other post). It was Carol, formally of L’Estiment, that told me that.
9 736 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
40 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Biturbo
Oyster Pond plans to reopen this Friday, 3/5. with "expanded Italian menu". Good news.

Yes we were told that when we were at Porto Cupecoy place. We took our time trying the Porto location because I thought it was just pizza so when in the mood for more it wasn’t considered. Food was the best Italian we have had on island. Hope they add that to the Oyster Pond location.
3 450 Read More
World Wide Travel
5 hours ago
No, not St. Lucia; but correct sea. This beach is well-known and named for the type of sand found on it.
187 3,140 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
7 hours ago
This may result in 100 new moorings -- who will administer them and the whole plan has yet to be determined

But perhaps it will result in a good step in the direction of the marine industry

[i][With over 200 new vessels registered by the Department of Planning and Natural Resources during the COVID-19 pandemic, the installation of additional moorings across the U.S. Virgin Islands has become paramount to sustaining the demand for transient vessels.

At Thursday’s Senate session, the Legislature ratified a minor Coastal Zone Management permit issued to Virgin Islands Professional Charter Association, Inc. for the installation of 100 helix-type anchored moorings, to be affixed to the seafloor.

The Virgin Islands Professional Charter Association, a non-profit, was awarded a $562,000 grant from the Economic Development Authority, matched with over $308,000 raised locally, to install the moorings.

Virgin Islands Professional Charter Association executive director Oriel Blake said the new moorings will be installed primarily in St. Thomas, while the remaining moorings would be evenly distributed between St. Croix and St. John. The exact locations will be determined after public hearings are held, Blake said.

“I’m glad that we are trying to put some moorings, because at this time so many boats have come to our shores and quite sure a lot of our corals are being destroyed at this time,” Sen. Franklin Johnson said. “People are anchoring just about any and everywhere.”

The moorings will not only reduce anchorage, Tourism Commissioner Joseph Boschulte said, but could provide a boost to tourism in the territory.

“The moorings will boost the U.S. Virgin Islands tourism industry and are expected to create or retain numerous jobs in routine surveillance, management and regular maintenance, as well as provide additional options for Virgin Islanders interested in a career in the marine industry,” Boschulte said.

The COVID-19 pandemic caused a shift to the marine industry, and Boschulte said the U.S. Virgin Islands became the destination of choice for the boating community.

“With airports and seaports closing across the Caribbean and restrictions and quarantine rules tightening, mariners were seeking a safe haven. Particularly ahead of the hurricane season,” Boschulte said./i]
0 31 Read More
SXM People Talk
9 hours ago
I just booked an Alaska fishing trip for August. I see a light at end of tunnel.
82 2,326 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
9 hours ago
Absolutely correct Carol. Flying in and out of French side and Barths requires 6 months. Not Dutch St Maarten. If you plan on island hopping than you'll need the 6 months.
16 463 Read More
British Virgin Islands
10 hours ago
That's a great attitude, we also added days to our trip in April.
5 186 Read More
World Wide Travel
10 hours ago
We have flown through London a few times and we have flown into Amsterdam but we have not been to Paris. When we can book our flights we will certainly look at these options. Thank you!
6 872 Read More
Jamaica's Resorts & Beaches
10 hours ago
Thanks for the tips! We will certainly enjoy it there I am sure!
21 2,717 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 09:00 PM
Good for you my friend...have a great time
3 293 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:58 PM
That is a good and long report.

Similar views wrt restaurant value judgements for Grand Case restaurants especially Oceans 82 which has the location/view but we always leave less than desired fir the price. We are never disappointed by Bistrot Caraibes for welcome/food/service.
10 1,012 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 07:49 PM
Thanks for the sarcasm....lol
16 592 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:13 PM
I almost always book two one-way tickets and have often found it to be less expensive, sometimes by a lot, than a round-trip ticket. That's not my reasoning for booking one-ways, just an added benefit. I, too, have never been asked to show a return ticket.
12 641 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 07:10 PM
Depending on when you want to go I could sell you my owners' time on a Leopard 40 and you could hire a captain through Moorings. Private Message me if you are interested.
2 338 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
OK, I will definitely take your word on the sand fleas, as I don't want to see for myself. smile
7 634 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 04:36 PM
Good for you! Surprised that someone would hold to a 7 day requirement THESE DAYS, but maybe demand is higher this summer than I would have thought. Personally, I don't care for the decor of Villa Velaire, but as I said, I am in the minority in that respect. Bella Serra doesn't have the sweeping corner views of Velaire, but the view is still quite lovely and it is quite private. I think you will enjoy it there.
27 3,444 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 02:07 PM
Bigdaddy--thanks. So many places have gone out of business due to Irma and then Covid on top..
3 450 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 01:04 PM
Frenchies and Cerises both have chairs with cushions. Rainbow has just the metal frame chairs, no pads.
31 1,471 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:47 AM
Thank you for posting. Will add it to my list.
2 398 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 05:51 AM
Thanks Georgia. Sorry to hear that.
7 941 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
I got my 2cnd shot Feb 5 -- Now we also have open vaccination located at STT -- UVI field House on certain Dates.
Use the VITEMA hotline for schedule.
3 195 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 12:47 AM
Hi. I added a link to this thread. Thanks.
13 1,915 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 12:43 AM
Thanks for the report!
12 671 Read More
Charter Boat Reviews and Questions
03/03/2021 11:36 PM
Does any one have any recommendations for a crewed catamaran in Tahiti. Looking for appro 54'
0 48 Read More
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11