MIDiver 31
Member Spotlight
pl3
pl3
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Bonheur
Who's Online Now
21 registered members (George1234, xrayman67, Tarheelnani, Scott80, Todd, flyinfloats, nevar37, 706jim, Matt W, Clod, LINNY, dlparch, TravelHat, Manpot, doctorj, ohstate, Kennys, tradewinds, 3 invisible), 74 guests, and 77 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
Thank you so much for all the great info. We have been using the Moorings for the last 10 years, their prices this year are astronomical.
21 985 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
Well done, I bet those mahi tacos were extra tasty that night. Here's my overboard drill for a bucket we lost in the chaos as we pulled a big king mackie aboard rounding Vieques. We didn't keep it, but still makes for a good story!
5 133 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Food and drinks have always been decent but service (including this March) can be suspect, especially if you are not a "regular".
4 210 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
dolfer--never drink beer, so guess that is it!!
7 183 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:55 PM
It's been a few years since we've done the around the island sail. Had great weather and pretty calm seas. Went to BBB after the sail for the happy hour ribs and chicken special. Was just OK. All in all a good day.
0 100 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:50 PM
I corrected it. Thanks. Too much rum on the Eagle. 🤪
9 350 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:03 PM
I posted this before but with the retirements of the 757 the only aircraft that can reliably operate non stop to the US from STT are the A319 or smaller 737 versions. That drops out about 70 seats per flight with no gate space for additional flights. As more 757’s retire the issue will get worse. Dropping ⅓ of the available seats will push prices way up!
9 618 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:58 PM
No problem. Enjoy your trip!
3 173 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:57 PM
OK, thanks.
10 589 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:48 PM
so much fun at the Hole in the Wall,,,,hope it's still open when we can get back to SXM......some of the musicians that "used" to be at the Red Piano play there....It was a hoot!!
18 1,029 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:48 PM
Pirate Hideout is the last building. The shack has no name on it and looks like a local hang out bar.
1 304 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 09:24 PM
Agree with Kego... A 41 foot mono looks big for about a day. And you may want to consider, if you haven't already, allowing your wife to "man" the helm while picking up a mooring ball. Even with a 6 foot boat hook, its a reach to grab the pennant. And have someone teach you the basic hand signals so you're not screaming at each other while trying to be heard over the wind.
15 556 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 06:32 PM
Got it. Thanks Carol.
13 1,138 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Tarheelnani
Will a CVS anthem test work for entry into BVI at EIS airport?
Thanks

as long as the negative report comes from a certified lab with a signature.
113 22,310 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:52 PM
Your post is so interesting to me. We we first visited St. Martin in 2002 it was about 7 years after Hurrican Luis. There were still so. many. things. broken and in disrepair - but we didn't know the island any differently (other than my husband's one trip in 1973 - but that's another story lol!) so we were not "missing" things. But once we started going, we have gone nearly every year - right up until Hurricane Irma. So 15 trips or so?

We are getting pretty good insider info. as my husband's best friend is native and owns property in Grand Case and many of the things you state are one reason we have not been back. We had probably the best vacation we've ever had on St. Martin in June of 2017 - ie shortly before the hurricane - and I think I don't want to ruin those memories. Also, bwtween the Covid protocols, the costs, and the cost of airfare, we have just chosen not to go back YET. But part of me honestly wonders if we will ever again justify the cost to go there when it seems we can go other places for half the price (unless we stay at my husband's friend's home). Especially as we age and our income becomes more fixed. I guess only time will tell.
29 2,610 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:49 PM
Thanks for sharing your experience. You fit a lot into your short trip! And yes, slowing down to island time is one of the benefits of a visit to SXM.
5 434 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:29 PM
Yes, La Villa is not to be missed. However, when we were there in January, we had planned to have our "Last Supper" there but the road from Orient was blocked due to protests. Thanks for your triggerfish description, it sounds wonderful.
3 319 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Manpot
I am still in Sonoma..I believe The Elm has music Fridays and Sundays unless Jeff is still playing Happy Hour..

I think Jeff has left island
2 270 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 01:36 PM
As a reference, my buddy and his girlfriend were just down and did Sherwin's Tour. They said it was absolutely the highlight of their trip and Sherwin was amazing. Great snorkeling, great tour guide and history and they loved the fresh conch ceviche with his secret blend
18 1,461 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 01:12 PM
All righty then. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts, but will end this one here.
9 797 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 01:11 PM
Years ago, I remember being on the Club O beach and a couple of umbrellas going sailing. You can imagine those big heavy umbrellas could really hurt someone, so we were thankful no one was hurt then either.

That's a LOT of people for the BSV pool! I think probably the most people I've ever seen there is about 6.

Sorry that your trip is almost over. Time on island passes so quickly!!
3 276 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by MrEZgoin
I personally can't see having a paid skipper bring friends on board.

I should have been more clearly..... Meet friends ashore or spend time alone aboard... Captains enjoy some down time without charter guest, even when the charter guest are great.

I agree, It would be inappropriate for captain to invite anyone aboard
4 441 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
Yesterday at 12:19 PM
It is a family-run cash operation and the chairs and umbrella are now $25 for the set. I was pleased that the busiest part of the beach was the clothing-optional section and because of it, there were far fewer gawkers.
27 4,433 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 01:35 AM
Thanks for Orient update. Our plan is to hit Orange Fever Thursday. Our favorite on Orient.
3 395 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 01:29 AM
As Jazzgal said use the link she posted.
5 694 Read More
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9