Member Spotlight
SAIL_BVI
SAIL_BVI
Wisconsin USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
CDJ
Who's Online Now
49 registered members (deputydog1157, sxmmartini, Christo, LINNY, RatmansWife, candj, IWIWSE, cvo, SXMScubaman, duke63, ScurvyD, samboaty, B & D, crmoores, bkigar, maytrix, GW248, Savannahlucy, Bob_Dot, 706jim, KirkB, Julius, hokiesailor, BeachKitten, Kennys, John, venti, PreK176, Canuck54, George1234, BaardJ, mainesailor, BombaCharger, dayhiker, JoGene, NoelHall, tradewinds, 12 invisible), 171 guests, and 379 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 minutes ago
Arriving back in 11 days and were wondering about the road conditions. The roads were rough before Irma and are they worse or about the same? We like to go to Grand Case, and Orient Beach, so we were particularly interested in the main roads from Simpson Bay to both Grand Case and Orient Beach? How is the main road in Grand Case?
0 7 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 minutes ago
Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
Hard to get jobs back with no structures to house guests in.

The owner I talked to said his chalet was in repairable shape till the looters stole his roof and ripped out all his wiring.
The first employees to be hired back would be security and the painter who has been there forever.
Management next and the two story building that has permits... UGH
10 1,138 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
16 minutes ago
I would also add Pineapple Pete in Simpson Bay to the list.
15 543 Read More
Cancun - Isla Mujeres - Mexico
18 minutes ago
The initial al report said he was a Canadian tourist, and when more details emerged he was described as a worker living here and reputed to be involved with drugs. Too many trolls (many of whom are on TA and have no experiences in Mexico) thrive on posting negative “news” and don’t wait for the facts.
The main point is this was apparently not a random threat toward a tourist but a drug-related local event...
12 1,323 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
19 minutes ago
When we were on the island in September we went to Sale & Pepe for our 40th anniversary dinner. The food was great and I think we sat at the same table you were out. On the patio right up the steps. The food was excellent as was the service.
7 271 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
38 minutes ago
I wonder what effect hundreds of people buying a beer and getting the wifi password had at Sunset, might be why the camera went offline, likely a fairly heavy burden on their internet network??
14 439 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
57 minutes ago
Irma took a lot of our wildlife
6 428 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Three days til back on island. Was there for a week in February but this will be first time back at OBBR since Irma. Be good to see how much has progressed since my last trip.
That time I was at an AirBnB in Simpson Bay and not too much was open. Most days was breakfast at the yacht club then my lunches at the Palms or Jerusalem and dinners at Dinghy Dock. (I know - life is hard...). tonguea
Looking forward to diving again with Ocean Explorers.
0 36 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Sadly, our week is 48 at RI which is the week before they open. We will be on the island already for week 47 (11/24 - 12/1) and 48 (12/1 - 12/8) but had not rented a place for the second week, hoping it would be open at RI. This news caused us to scramble a bit for a place (12/1 - 12/8) but we found that there are lots of open properties and were able to find a villa in Pointe Blanche overlooking the cruise port at a very reasonable price. We will just roll over our maintenance fee at RI to 2019. Can't wait to get back again!
20 1,175 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
Was surfing around and found this. Looks perfect for the beach when you want to swim and not worry about your small valuables.

https://getflexsafe.io/offer-01/?lp...act_id=857&oid=522&guvertical=42
0 59 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
That's what I thought but when Kenney said Grand Case I figured he would know as a local.
18 1,069 Read More
SXM People Talk
2 hours ago
Brad, Lora, Shorty and Loretta are planning to go also.
18 473 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
Thanks for the reports and pictures. We can almost feel being there.
12 677 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
It was the Esmeralda, not Alamanda !
6 1,747 Read More
British Virgin Islands
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by warren460
There are a couple of decent grocery stores a little bit west of VGYH. I think they are Riteway and Bucks.

Those two are about a mile south of the Yacht Harbor on the main road. Another fairly large store is Rosy's, which is about a half mile east of the other two. Also, Supa Valu has a medium size store near the airport.
2 142 Read More
British Virgin Islands
4 hours ago
In regards to resort fee for boats on dock:
RESORT FEE:
20% OF TOTAL MARINA DOCKAGE RATE
19 825 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
4 hours ago
Likely as not, those mooring balls are USFW, as Canal Luis Pena is one of their wildlife preserves. Fishing is prohibited there, but Lionfish might be excepted. Ill be there Saturday and will update, if signal permits.
2 116 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
OK. Thank you.
18 397 Read More
British Virgin Islands
6 hours ago
St Thomas Bay is a nice anchorage as long as you don’t have strong northerly winds or winds from the west.
You can easily take your dinghy to the Baths and use your dinghy to enter the yacht harbor where you can do some provisioning and lunch.
1 129 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 hours ago
Thanks for bringing this back up, as I had forgotten about it, so have lots of stories to catch up reading!
6 1,327 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 hours ago
No Slight perceived smile I only learned about this form after we got our timeshare. I appreciate all the insight in the learning and I love the pictures.

I was just asking about the nightly fee since it seems so much more expensive compared toward our timeshare cost on a per night basis. But I also realize it’s Apples to oranges.

I appreciate all the insight and the learning and I love the pictures.
30 2,394 Read More
British Virgin Islands
8 hours ago
We dropped by Gene's that first day for lunch and believe we saw you..certainly saw your lovely boat. Delighted to hear you came out of Irma in such good shape and are still enjoying our islands so much.
1 247 Read More
British Virgin Islands
8 hours ago
Are you sure that his boat is being rebuilt? His Facebook pages continues to post pictures from reef tours.
11 636 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
17 hours ago
Hope they went through an attitude adjustment while on vacation. Was horrible before. Maybe they read all the negatives and corrected.
6 662 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
18 hours ago
Thanks everyone
4 164 Read More
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13