Member Spotlight
CaptainJay
CaptainJay
Saint Thomas, USVI
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
42 registered members (GeorgeC1, Christo, BeachKitten, vetteguy, IWIWSE, hathead, JoGene, sunmantwo, SXMWNC, MamaB, Kennys, Mikel, SXMScubaman, PML, AnneQ, cheezler, FRANKIE2, SoakInSaltwater, trespalmas, tradewinds, Uksimonusa, SXMbeacher, DandM29212, ColoBoater, SammyM, JlarsBVI, mark37, MrEZgoin, RichiT, FlamingoPete, NoelHall, 11 invisible), 171 guests, and 424 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
3 minutes ago
If you are a disabled veteran you qualify for a access pass which is also good for a 50% discount on Moorings in St John as well as park benefits nationwide. It’s a bargain at $10.00 to mail process.
G
5 275 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
9 minutes ago
As with Pat, I'd keep trying to get something in Beacon Hill area. You then have food choices nearby and great beaches! It is also quieter. But that's me. I don't enjoy hustle and bustle and traffic and lots of people...lol
7 209 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
17 minutes ago
Originally Posted by PelicanPirate
From the title, i was thinking they were closing.

Took me a minute too. But I believe as they've acclimated and become home there they are now "Toadies"...
Much as one staying at Mary's Boone is a "Boonie". wink
14 466 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
44 minutes ago
I have experienced having to order desert while ordering main coarse before. But only at a fixed price menu venue. Don't like it but that's was the way is was.
2 115 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
47 minutes ago
Hope they have the proper permits and can stay.
5 507 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
52 minutes ago
Did she say if it is JUST the weekend she will be cooking, or from now on?
1 133 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
55 minutes ago
0 39 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by islandgem
Do you mean the $30 for the sim card? I got my new sim card for no charge at UTS and they transferred the money I had on my other sim card to the new one... no charge for the transfer either. I guess they just found me to be charming! circle

thanks
Your response probably made us all smile.
18 439 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
We pointed it out every time we went by---there were always people there.
Heard all positive reviews.

Hopefully we will be back soon to try it.
25 771 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
1 hour ago
You will find St John more peaceful than most BVI anchorages. There are however fewer choices for dining ashore ect..
14 993 Read More
British Virgin Islands
2 hours ago
Thanks,,just making sure nothing has changed,if anyone is in SVI's in June let's meet up.
2 101 Read More
British Virgin Islands
2 hours ago
But for truly outstanding lobster, the only real choice is the wonky dog.
6 299 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
As is said there’s chocolate and vanilla in the world. I’m so sorry your meal wasn’t to your liking. I’m sure I’ve eaten places and was not as satisfied as others. I agree if a place doesn’t fit your likes you should not return. It’s why, after trying Izi twice we won’t go back. Yet, lots of people here love it.

If next trip I don’t return to Ludos it will be because there are too many places to try on this island and never enough time. I’d opt for traditional French first.
2 211 Read More
British Virgin Islands
3 hours ago
No, Spanishtown only.
1 75 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
I second Jule's at Jordan Village: traditional sandwiches, wraps, and sandwiches made on French bread. I always get a wrap to take on the plane.
12 458 Read More
British Virgin Islands
4 hours ago
Sorry, love the BVIs and know that people here will be able to compare them for me. Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help. Sorry you had to move your eyes past one more thread. ROFL. Peace.
3 268 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by BeachKitten
Anyone know why "Chocolate"?

Any correlation to the Chocolate something (?) guys that were always at Cheri's? What has happened to all of those guys?

They weren’t The Chocolate Drops, were they? We loved them but they broke up.
19 747 Read More
British Virgin Islands
5 hours ago
The information below is on the Seaborne website. As I mentioned in a prior post, we land 40 minutes prior to our Seaborne departure. I am fairly certain that I have seen people walk up with in this window, but this makes me a little nervous. Thoughts? I think I’ll call them and ask if they can put a note in the system.

Recommended check-in time is 2 hours and flight closes 45 minutes prior to flight departure
11 666 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
12 hours ago
Thanks Elaine. I guess it is another new place or an old one resurrected.
30 1,082 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
12 hours ago
I've been using Duck Duck Go with great results.
1 224 Read More
British Virgin Islands
13 hours ago
Thank You for the responses. We were in the Bight on our last trip. Nice, lots of company. Kelly's looks like a good spot this time if we find an open ball. I also looked at Soldier and it's also on a short list. Is there a decent trail from Soldier to Pirates?
5 448 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
13 hours ago
Thanks Folks and God bless your continued support especially after Irma and Marie. I still have to expand due to the fact that i had to sell some cars after the Hurricanes to pay bills ; but getting there , bit by bit.
14 772 Read More
Charter Boat Reviews and Questions
15 hours ago
Hi

Am looking for owners who would appreciate someone using their time allotment in one of the charter fleets (Moorings, Sunsail, Dream etc...) - my group of 6 are interested bareboating in Antigua in January 2020 - all 6 professional career/business owner guys over 55, 3 regular sailors/bareboat charterers, with ASA certificates, other 3 have some experience)… looking for 1 week, may be interested in a 2nd consecutive week (depending on wives' interest).

Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris
0 14 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
And next to McDonalds! wink
38 1,781 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:26 PM
There is no rhyme or reason as to why and when they do their schedule releases. My best guess is six to eight weeks from now but that is purely a guess. Sorry I can’t be anymore helpful than that.

Edit to add, a year or two ago I tracked the time between their releases and what I found was it averaged anywhere from every six to ten weeks but there were a couple of times the span between them was four to five weeks. Go figger.........
6 323 Read More
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17