Member Spotlight
LSmayda
LSmayda
Clearwater, Florida
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
funnybunny921, Gatorman1
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (mark37, Chargergirl, 2 invisible), 102 guests, and 72 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
It ain’t over yet!
0 43 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Kathy, also don't forget to package 2 of the test kits, in your carry-on luggage, for testing to return to the USA. Abbott Labs says if you pack in your checked luggage that the temperatures in the cargo hold will/can damage the tests .
22 1,031 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Hi Carol! I value your opinion so thanks for posting this. I have been considering Medwork because of the ability to have an appointment. For Saturday travel and the $70 test, should we go on Thursday?
10 984 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:34 PM
2 186 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
To my knowledge, that is not required as of YET anyway, for the French side. This is the first I have heard of it actually being required in SXM. It is required in mainland France.
2 199 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:39 PM
Thank you, thank you. I’ve been craving a trip report for ages so this was perfect. Lovely to spend special times in special places and with special family. Glad it all turned out well, particularly your night at BSV - it really is a little piece of heaven here on earth.

Again, thanks for sharing your experience. 😊😊
3 285 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:23 PM
Having done it personally for 8 I would be glad to delegate that and get my root canal elsewhere...
2 260 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:01 PM
Enjoy your time in Canada and congratulations to the happy couple.
3 476 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
Yesterday at 09:28 PM
Sorry, was on a mini Midwest tour following my favorite band. We also use Paradise Car Rentals. We just send them an email at paradiseRcar@gmail.com. We have also used Discount Car Rental.
7 448 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:41 PM
1989 was our first visit there via cruise ship.
2 275 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:58 PM
We used City MD back in June. I went on my lunch hour. EZPZ!
21 1,479 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 05:27 PM
I was flying via Atlanta to get back to Toronto so the Delta agent in SJU wanted to see my arrivecan portal info as did the Delta agent in Atlanta - make sure you have that on your phone - cheers Brian
10 309 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 04:47 PM
Wow, that's pretty good timing, even for the old days!
1 183 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 04:47 PM
Hope she sticks around, as it is lovely to see her!
11 749 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 03:56 PM
Thanks
4 383 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 02:02 PM
I'd recommend Julia "Jules" Starkey! She is based on Tortola and is very talented and a pleasure to work with. You can view here website at Caribbean Jules Photography

juliastarkeyphotography@gmail.com
+1-284-340-8877

You can check her work out on Instagram @caribbeanjulesphotography as well
3 333 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Calvin
We were there the year before Irma hit. That event made me sad. I thought maybe something good could come from this tragedy and maybe that something good would happen, like Boatyball would be forever gone. I see that didn't happen. What a shame.

Calvin

What a nice sentiment to wish someone ill will. Congrats to yourself (yes, that's sarcasm).
8 838 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 12:58 AM
Peter seems to be a nothingburger, but there is a new storm coming off Africa to watch
16 1,567 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 12:13 AM
We're going in October.
26 2,897 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
09/19/2021 08:48 PM
We are 26+ year visitors to STJ that started venturing over to VG several years ago.

On STJ, be prepared to drive to the beaches. Walking distance to beaches is very rare and the options available tend to be speedy. Beaches are more populated.

Cruz Bay is a great walking, eating and thinking village and we always miss it when staying on VG. When we stay on STJ, we always head to Cruz Bay for the evening.

STT - all our trips were stop overs in the way to STJ but still enjoyable. RickG’s advice is excellent.

We sailed the USVIs in February on a crewed charter and loved seeing spots we overlooked for years.
2 256 Read More
Africa
09/19/2021 06:55 PM
We’ve booked through the Globe Sailor, and they broker charters all over the world, but have several in the Seychelles. We are booked for November this year and the pricing was quite reasonable, I thought, particularly compared to the BVI. Now, your flight cost will make up that difference but we are really looking forward to experiencing new islands on a large cat.
6 5,273 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
09/19/2021 06:46 PM
We live in Perth and flying Westjet out of Toronto on Nov 11th. 3 Days at the Villas and then a week at our TS at Royal Islander La Plage.
3 628 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
09/19/2021 05:33 PM
Carol: That's why I deliberately said "most" nations!! My reply was primarily in response to your comment about "I don't know if they can tell where it is ordered FROM...". Most Americans have little to no experience with this, so thought it might be informative to have an "outsider's" experience. Obviously, if officials are corrupt or look the other way, or people are prepared to break the law (e.g. smuggling), tax controls will not work. That's no different than anywhere else in the world. But that is more of a political, than a program discussion, so I wasn't going to go there.
9 735 Read More
British Virgin Islands
09/19/2021 02:27 PM
There are private boats entering now. There were at least 50 or 60 boats from PR in the BVI for xmas in July. I don't think charter boats, but private boats can arrange to enter. The govt. orders link in the other post are from 2020.

Someone recently posted the instructions to enter on a private vessel. I will see if I can find them.
4 699 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
09/19/2021 12:52 PM
Track looks to be well north of SXM and only a tropical storm.
30 2,705 Read More
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6