Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1
sailn
Traveler

Loc: South East US, Carolinas coast
A/N resort pricing
      #1436838 - 08/23/12 07:15 AM (174.56.134.223)

its always confused me, been to Braco - 4 times , hidden beach 1 , in the DR- once and been on the club O property.
the places never seem full tho my trips were in may and november, but there is never a big price reduction .
seems the cost of the property is tied up in the fixed costs like initial investment/mortgage , taxes, insurance, phone, advertising, credit card terminal etc and basic labor, not so much driven by food cost or air con per room, yet even though the place is 1/2 empty they still hold the price up. Braco and hidden beach especially, maybe club o too but dont know their occupancy- is this a caribbean thing?? When we rented sailboats in the early 90s there was a new cell phone on the boat and the price to call US was bizarre either $10 or 16 a minute (this was early days of boat cell phones) so we never used it- had it been $5 a minute we probably would have. In Econ 101 there was some type curve- price vs sales I think, but then I am not a motel owner either. anyone else ever been to an expensive a/n place that was 1/2 full or less?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
Re: A/N resort pricing [Re: sailn]
      #1436855 - 08/23/12 08:06 AM (173.145.79.168)

Whenever we have gone to a c/o resort, it has generally been at least half full to fairly full when we were there, with the very significant exception of Eden Bay, which is what is now called Caliente Caribe. CC has ALWAYS seemed to be DEAD empty, whenever I read any trip reports for the place. I really don't remember what the total possible occupancy is of the place--maybe 150??--and historically there seem to ALWAYS be no more than 20 to 30 guests there. When we were there, there were maybe 10 to 15 people there. Nice, for being able to spread out, and to get to know everyone, but difficult to offer any choices in food, etc., and I have no idea how they stay open

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 1005

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline