Traveltalkonline.com Forums

People Talk >> Caravanserai Now Alegria

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)
SXMWendell
Traveler

Re: Caravanserai now Alegria [Re: Todd]
      #1608118 - 10/05/14 01:49 PM (76.206.23.42)

Yes, as a hotel you have to be competitive in all aspects so this is a big plus. Wonder what the daily room rates will be?

SXM??? Wendell

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SXMScubaman
Traveler

Loc: Auburn, WA
Re: Caravanserai now Alegria [Re: mecs]
      #1608119 - 10/05/14 01:51 PM (174.31.141.128)

Things are different on the island. It's not like the US or Canada. If the timeshare was originally affiliated with a US or Canadian company like Diamond, Marriot, etc than maybe there could be some recourse. This doesn't sound like that's the case in this situation. Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

boucharda
Traveler

Loc: Massachusetts
Re: Does Anyone have the full text of the email? [Re: DebNLena]
      #1608125 - 10/05/14 02:58 PM (76.118.193.255)

I would think (in order of security of purchase) that units purchased that are "deeded" are more secure than "right to use" units and definitely more secure than "points" which are not attached to any specific unit.

I do still think "right to use" just cannot be erased by a new buyer but the legal backup of that concept is what should be questioned....

I have zero confidence in any points ownership being honored by a new buyer.

Eric_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Re: Does Anyone have the full text of the email? [Re: boucharda]
      #1608127 - 10/05/14 03:19 PM (72.60.106.124)

Guess that is the question? At this point we do not know that anwser. Does it sound really really bad, yes. But at this point I do not know, nor do any of the timeshare owners know. Some evidenly have gotten emails and others have not. Is it that the ones that bought "after" the bank took over are effeted or is it everybody.

Not sure of the anwser as of now. Not downplaying it whatsoever, but we simply do not know what is what at this point. Will next week shed some lite on the situation.... hopefully so.

If everybody had gotten the email ....... then that says something, but because a whole lot have not gotten the email what does that say.. have no clue at this point.

Like I think there is more than what we may know right now. Hopefully for all concerned it will work out the best, hopefully that will be the case.

But it is better to be prepared for bad news than not.

Not sticking up for the t/s industy at all, but just seems that there is a lot missing at this point.

--------------------
Eric Hill
TTOL Shop

DebNLena
Traveler

Loc: Northern Virgina
      #1608129 - 10/05/14 03:27 PM (72.66.3.194)

I'm not sure that the points explanation is correct. As a points user and purchaser of week 44 (the week we purchased is stated in our lease agreement)we have the option to immediately tell RCI upon our return to the U.S that we will be staying in our unit for week 44 the following year (in this case lets say 2015). If we are not sure, RCI does not open up our unit to a points trade until 10 months out so in our case if we don't notify RCI by January 1st of 2015 that we intend to stay in our home base unit they can put our unit "in the pot" of units available. In our case, the unit is all three, deeded first under the sales contract, right to use under the lease agreement and a points unit under RCI. A separate fee is paid to RCI for the points each year so I'm not sure that points are really related to the ownership. But this being the only T/S that I own, I could be wrong.

boucharda
Traveler

Re: Does Anyone have the full text of the email? [Re: Eric_Hill]
      #1608130 - 10/05/14 03:31 PM (76.118.193.255)

...and don't you think that a letter of "annulment" of a persons' vacation ownership would be sent by some sort of certified mail rather than a simple email? Email out of SXM is really not that reliable...

I think there is more than we are seeing right now....something smells of skunk here

boucharda
Traveler

Re: Does Anyone have the full text of the email? [Re: DebNLena]
      #1608131 - 10/05/14 03:34 PM (76.118.193.255)

"Point" being (sorry) that RCI has dropped the resort so the points agreement would be null and void. They are out of the picture...

I do not understand how a unit can be "deeded" and be a "right to use" which is limited by x years....

Obviously if you have a deeded unit then you have a right to use it but there is a difference between a defined RTU ownership and a deeded one.

The points discussion is pertinent when the deeded or RTU agreement is changed to a points only ownership by agreement owner and resort (like SBR is trying to do)

Edited by boucharda (10/05/14 03:40 PM)

Teresasxm
Traveler

#1608135 - 10/05/14 03:48 PM (99.250.98.32)

I am saddened beyond belief but not surprised that this has happened.

We "owned" a one bedroom at Caravanserai for two weeks in March...

We received our letter this morning by email and it appears legit.

mechtech43
Traveler

#1608136 - 10/05/14 03:49 PM (50.70.29.170)

Is there any government agency which oversees the Timeshare industry on St. Maarten? If so, could someone post their phone# or email address so that the Caravanserai TS owners can contact them. I have the same agreement as DebNLena so it must be quite common. It states that the contract is valid for x amount of years, specific time of year and what unit that I would get. Also, gives the value of the points.

Eric_HillAdministrator
Administrator

#1608137 - 10/05/14 04:14 PM (72.60.106.124)

Ok, don't have the any idea about that. But anything is possible.

Could there email have gotten hacked?? Not sure that I beleve that, but then do not know either.

Just know that all kinds of emails comes in to my various email accounts that are not legit also. But that is not saying that this is legit, just don't know??

One thing I am sure of, is that there is more to follow!

And unfortunately the spammers will follow, so be careful out there. Even if it mean checking the header informaton, etc! And NEVER open up a zip file as attachment! Bad things are there!

--------------------
Eric Hill
TTOL Shop

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 53927

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline