Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> St. Maarten - St. Martin

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
lcote
Traveler

Re: Happy Bay [Re: SXMCO12]
      #1685078 - 02/19/16 07:57 AM (107.77.70.86)

Quote:

SXMCO12 said:

On another note, we thought it ridiculous that the jet ski tour purposefully parked their tour right in front of the nude group when there was clearly another option.

Oh poor you. You are going nude in a place where it isn't legal. And the jet ski tour came in and saw you in your nudity. Perhaps they ALWAYS go there and didn't know that you were there and expected to be naked in a place where it is illegal. I love how you CO people think people want to "gawk". I've got news for you. Many of us "textiles" would prefer to NOT see you in your nudity.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
Re: Happy Bay [Re: lcote]
      #1685081 - 02/19/16 08:15 AM (108.96.239.49)

No, sorry, as far as the jet ski tour operators, setting aside 'legal or illegal', they one hundred percent know it's pretty likely there will be naked people on Happy Bay. They go there all the time, yes, and they know that almost every time they go, there are naked people there.

boucharda
Traveler

Loc: Massachusetts
      #1685086 - 02/19/16 08:57 AM (24.60.205.149)

I have seen mostly Zodiac tours at Happy Bay (with an infrequent Jet Ski group)and they ALWAYS moor in a group at the same location...not "ridiculous" but where the tie ups are...it is also announced what to expect before leaving the raft.

My cousin is a cruise person and went on one of the round the island tours and the leader stated that nude groups would be on the beach, where Danny's was and when to be back to the raft.

You would have the option to hang out on the raft (not looking ashore if course) if you are upset about seeing someone without a bathing suit.

If you are on the beach nude and do not want the raft mooring in front of YOU then settle in at the other side of the beach..many won't walk all the way to the other end

If you are on the beach and offended by nudity just hang in the middle and look straight ahead...but...I guess going to a beach where nudity is frequent and then being offended by it would be a little weird

tckj
Traveler

Re: Happy Bay [Re: boucharda]
      #1685106 - 02/19/16 11:15 AM (104.129.196.109)

I was swimming off of Happy Beach one day and had forgotten my suit on shore. I came out of the ocean as a couple that had just gotten off of a jet ski were walking toward Danny's. The wife took one look at me and turned herself and her husband right around and headed the other way. I wasn't sure if I should be amused or insulted! (LOL) I wasn't the only one on the beach who was naked, but I guess it wasn't her cup of tea - at least not that close (50 feet?) It was kind of funny.

SeaStar
Traveler

Re: Happy Bay [Re: tckj]
      #1685111 - 02/19/16 11:47 AM (98.227.229.147)

We made a trip to Happy Bay last year and no one was there renting chairs. There were only a handful of us on the beach so I'm wondering if there is a certain day that there isn't chair rentals/food? We thought someone would be there so we only had a couple bottles of water with us, ended up having to cut our day there short. Bit of a bummer.

RonDon
Traveler

Loc: Rhode Island
Re: Happy Bay [Re: SeaStar]
      #1685223 - 02/20/16 08:17 AM (100.40.83.81)

I am not against clothes optional; however, it IS illegal, even on the French side. Those that go sans clothes are lucky these places are not patrolled and tickets given out like at the gendarme car stops.

The only legal place is Club O which is sanctioned as a "nudist" resort.

We were at GCBC one year when a woman removed her bottom (top was already off and I believe acceptable) immediately, a resort rep quickly informed her it was against the law.

Nudity is not allowed in NYC either. Would you walk down the street there w/o clothes? Breaking a law is not acceptable.

DICKG
Traveler

Loc: CT,USA
      #1685231 - 02/20/16 08:50 AM (32.211.17.219)

Been going to SXM over 25 years never been to happy bay just wondering 2 things where can you park and how long is the walk into the beach ? I see the signs as we go to Orient , I guess we should try .

boucharda
Traveler

Loc: Massachusetts
Re: Happy Bay [Re: RonDon]
      #1685235 - 02/20/16 09:14 AM (24.60.205.149)

Quote:

Nudity is not allowed in NYC either. Would you walk down the street there w/o clothes? Breaking a law is not acceptable.

I never thought to equate sun bathing at a beach with walking down a street in NYC... but going with that weird concept it IS legal to walk nude down the main street in Burlington, Vermont...would I do it? No freaking way...

..in my mind a beach is a wee bit different than a city street

NakedAsAJaybird
Traveler

Re: Happy Bay [Re: DICKG]
      #1685238 - 02/20/16 09:47 AM (192.96.136.138)

If you are traveling from Grand Case, turn right just past the basketball court at the sign for the laundry. At the end of the road you will see a white gate. Park in the lot to the right or on the street to the left. Take the small path alongside the cement wall (to the right of the gate). A short distance in you will come to a place to climb over the wall (very easy). Head straight up the paved road until you see an unpaved path large enough for cars (between 2 abandoned villas) continue with n this path straight ahead until you reach the. beach. It takes about 15 mins to walk in, but it's generally flat. You will pass a lot of cattle. Since these "cows" are SXM cows, they are very low key. FYI...If the gate is open, do not drive in. This is a private entrance and, if locked later in the day, will trap your car inside. No nudity on the weekends, but usually tolerated weekdays. And, yes, I know it's "illegal". I've been nude on this beach hundreds of times for over 25 years and haven't been arrested yet. I guess I'm under the impression that nudists aren't criminals. Have fun.

Jeff_C
Traveler

Loc: Lancaster County PA. Home of t...
Re: Happy Bay [Re: boucharda]
      #1685283 - 02/20/16 02:42 PM (174.54.219.245)

Just wondering, .............

Do you go over the speed limit ? ............
That's against the law .... LOL
Lighten up. Life is tough enough to worry about the small things. And believe me .... with me it is small. Just have fun . Your on Vacation . Don't sweat the LITTLE THINGS .

Jeff

--------------------
If your motto is ; If at first you don't succeed......
Maybe it would be best not to try sky diving !

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
14 registered and 98 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 13740

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline