Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> St. Maarten - St. Martin

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
boucharda
Traveler

Loc: Massachusetts
Re: Compare Divi to GCBC [Re: RonDon]
      #1728959 - 04/03/17 05:48 PM (71.3.184.118)

Good comparison..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Todd
Traveler

Loc: Vancouver, WA
      #1728976 - 04/03/17 10:30 PM (50.137.16.92)

I am not sure I get this comparison, two different price points. GCBC is about 50% more than Divi or most other TS type places, so if you were to add 50% to GCBC would you compare to La Samanna?

I like and have stayed at both, really like GCBC for a few extra nights and we have enjoyed staying at Divi for weeks.

As for friendly staff, of all the places we have stayed the most friendly staff would have to go to Sea Palace. Don't really want to stay there again but from front desk to maids they were the best. Best maids overall I would have to give to The Towers, and best front desk would probably have to go to Les Balcons many years ago but most have been pleasant. Best beach service at a resort was certainly GCBC, but we rarely stay at the resort for the day but if at GCBC we would more often.

My two bits. GO ZAGS!!!!!

RonDon
Traveler

Loc: Rhode Island
Re: Compare Divi to GCBC [Re: Todd]
      #1728992 - 04/04/17 08:51 AM (108.12.200.47)

Quote:

Todd said:
I am not sure I get this comparison, two different price points. GCBC is about 50% more than Divi or most other TS type places, so if you were to add 50% to GCBC would you compare to La Samanna?

Take the price you paid for a TS week divide it into cost per week, add the MF, the added charges resort bills for who knows what---it's listed on bill as "resort fee" and taxes. Add in daily maid service fee, fee for extra persons using unit, fee if you ate breakfast there and fees for water sports then compare to rates at GCBC and it's a slight difference not 50% more.

Plus what you're getting at GCBC is of higher quality, from unit furniture & appointments to beach chairs, towels and service.

As to difference to La Samana, I haven't stayed there so I can't comment.

Now if you want to compare to BVS then BVS wins hands down.

I like and have stayed at both, really like GCBC for a few extra nights and we have enjoyed staying at Divi for weeks.

As for friendly staff, of all the places we have stayed the most friendly staff would have to go to Sea Palace. Don't really want to stay there again but from front desk to maids they were the best. Best maids overall I would have to give to The Towers, and best front desk would probably have to go to Les Balcons many years ago but most have been pleasant. Best beach service at a resort was certainly GCBC, but we rarely stay at the resort for the day but if at GCBC we would more often.

My two bits. GO ZAGS!!!!

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
      #1728997 - 04/04/17 09:22 AM (47.192.9.53)

RonDon--your post is confusing, as you quoted Todd and then replied all in one post, so you can't really figure out who said what. And what is BVS? Beachside Villas? I didn't think you had stayed there?

RonDon
Traveler

Re: Compare Divi to GCBC [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1729036 - 04/04/17 03:45 PM (108.12.200.47)

sorry I guess I wrote inside the quote I'll be more careful. Yes Beachside Villas.

jazzgal
Traveler

Loc: Portland, OR
      #1729041 - 04/04/17 03:53 PM (67.42.234.20)

This post strikes me as unnecessarily negative toward Divi. If someone had never stayed there, they would think it's an inferior resort, which it definitely is not. I do understand the attraction of La Plage, but I've been at Little Bay when it was as calm as La Plage.

Divi is not without its warts (what resort is?), but I can't wait to get back there in 65 days!

--------------------

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
      #1729045 - 04/04/17 04:16 PM (47.192.9.53)

No problem, it was just confusing, the way it was written.

Coffee
Traveler

Re: Compare Divi to GCBC [Re: jazzgal]
      #1729046 - 04/04/17 04:26 PM (71.68.245.68)

We agree 100%. We have stayed at The Divi since 1988 and love it. It is very enjoyable to see so many of the same employees every year. We rent a car for two or three weeks and visit the beaches and restaurants on the Island. We do visit their local pubs and restaurants. Cannot say enough about the Divi.

RonDon
Traveler

Re: Compare Divi to GCBC [Re: Coffee]
      #1729070 - 04/04/17 06:51 PM (108.12.200.47)

We've stayed at Divi every year since Divi bought Little Bay Beach & Racket Club. We either spend 2 or 3 weeks there or split it up with GCBC.

I think Divi IS the best of the time shares but, as jazzgal says it's not without its warts. It's just that, IMO, GCBC has no warts.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
10 registered and 127 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 2285

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline