My Home is the area in which you will customize TTOL to your needs; there are a number of different areas to cover.
This is a typical My Home screen. There are, basically, 5 sections to the screen as follows:
- Message Box: you use this section to administer your Private Messages (PM's), which are sort of internal emails between registered members..
- Post Reminders: as discussed earlier, you can view those posts that you previously marked. When that post no longer requires a reminder, it can be deleted from the list.
- Friends Online: this allows you to monitor when a friend is online (in TTOL). To use this, you must add the member to your Address Book. To add a member to your Address Book, go to a post he or she has made. Then, click on their username. This will open a window showing the member's profile. At the bottom of that screen, you'll see a button to "Add to Address Book".
- Favorite Threads: as explained earlier in this FAQ, you can maintain a list of your favorite threads.
- Main Configuration: this section will affect how TTOL appears to you and how you appear to TTOL. There are 3 separate parts to this section which we will cover next. To access any of these sections, click on the "Edit" button to its right. Once you've entered information in these sections, press the "Submit" button to record it.
The Main Configuration section is divided into 3 parts
- Personal information, email, password, etc.
- Display preferences, number of shown threads, languages, colors…
- Subscribe/Unsubscribe from receiving forum posts by email, change message notifications, etc.
Personal information, etc.: Looking at the 3 pictures below, "myhome02A","myhome02B", and "myhome02C", you can quite a bit of information can be entered. Some of the data, such as passwords, are required, but much of the data is not. For example, it is not necessary for you to enter an email address if you're uncomfortable doing so.
If you decide to set up a "signature", use the same "tags" that we talked about earlier. You can create a post in the "Test" forum and work on your signature until you have it right; then, copy and paste it in here.
A number of items, such as "bio", are meant to help your fellow members understand a bit more about you. Be as complete as you want. The "Next Trip Date" will allow you to view on TTOL pages how long you have until your next trip, sort of a "countdown" clock.
Display preferences, etc.: In this section (seen in pictures "myhome03A" and "myhome03B"), you set up how you want your TTOL to look. You can change the way forums are viewed, your starting page, the colors, and so on. Try a bunch of different settings until you find the combination that works best for you.
Subscribe/Unsubscribe, etc.: This section (seen in pictures "myhome04A" and "myhome04B") deals with emails. Here, you can select to receive or not various emails sent by other members, by the Administrators, or by the system itself to notify you of various events.