Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> St. Maarten - St. Martin

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
cajunscuba
Traveler

Loc: Louisiana
timeshare presentation - Westin
      #1531564 - 08/30/13 04:22 PM (192.234.241.146)

My wife and I were hanging out on Orient Beach when this intoxicated gentlemen was passing by playing with his dog. We were laughing at him and I guess we looked approachable.
Anyway, he talked to us about sitting through a timeshare presentation for the Westin. He said he would get $250 for getting us to go and he would give us $50 of his $250. He also said we'd get a free week at the Westin for next year. He told us to just tell the people "NO" when they asked if we wanted to buy into the timeshare.
We turned him down. I have sat through these before and it made me realize how precious my vacation time is to me.

Would we have really gotten a free week at the Westin and did I make a mistake?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  

Unregistered

Re: timeshare presentation - Westin [Re: cajunscuba]
      #1531565 - 08/30/13 04:27 PM (68.9.147.63)

Not logged on,
I doubt if too many timeshare owners on this forum including myself, would encourage you to go.
Bob_Dot

madisoncty
Traveler

Loc: Winterset, Madison County, IA
      #1531576 - 08/30/13 06:34 PM (199.120.87.149)

We did it last winter because we were actually interested in getting the info.We initiated the contact; we were not offered anything. And we didn't buy.

I should have added that we made it pretty short and sweet, our terms, we wanted pricing and to see a unit, we did, and we did not buckle to the pressure. We already deal w/that at our own resort which requires it now in order to book your next visit.

--------------------
Mike & Dixie

Edited by madisoncty (08/30/13 09:06 PM)

Timman31
Unregistered

Re: timeshare presentation - Westin [Re: madisoncty]
      #1531582 - 08/30/13 07:10 PM (24.189.239.107)

Back in 2003 we were literally ambushed by a young couple as we exited the Sapphire in our rental vehicle. We were given scratch off tickets which we foolishly played. We were declared triple "7" winners and they jumped up and down explaining to our amazement we won a huge prize and to follow the both of them in their car to the Atrium and claim the motherlode of a prize.. Long story short, a nice Tennesee southern gentleman said our prize was a discount on a future purchase. He felt bad we got duped and my wife was nearly in tears. True story. The 45 min exibit equaled, the "FREE" breakfast 45 minutes, chit chat 30 minutes, presentation 1 hour and 30 more minutes explain we were upset and on our way to Club Orient for the day. After the 3rd salesperson came in for the kill, nearly 3 hours elapsed! It was a lost beach day and went to Rick's sports bar later and found out about the Bushwacker at Cupecoy. Oh the memories. Never did another in SXM. Great topic to bring up. Have a safe happy Labor Day!

sumbeach
Traveler

Loc: San Antonio
      #1531611 - 08/30/13 10:09 PM (68.206.245.6)

In june we were at OB and hit with same deal. Four of us and one hit the LUCKY CARD. we didn't go . Two days later in P' Burg , different sales couple same sales line. WE GOT THE LUCKY CARD. Still didn't go.

--------------------
Dan

phillygirl7
Traveler

Re: timeshare presentation - Westin [Re: Timman31]
      #1531620 - 08/30/13 10:34 PM (75.100.92.8)

Yeah, we were hit up for one of those lottery scratching tickets while walking in Maho one day a few years back. Also got the lucky scratch off of '777' and the guy was hooting and hollering at our luck. Hubby wanted to go and see what we won, but I gave the "lucky ticket" back and said if it is so great a prize, the huckster can claim it. He was a little dumbfounded but I walked away and he had the gall to give my husband another ticket that also scratched into the motherlode prize. Then hubby was able to walk away. Shook our heads as we were walking back and yet another couple got the lucky ticket. He quickly took his new couple out of our line of view. Really don't remember if it was Westin, but what a put-off for any timeshare.

Unregistered

#1531624 - 08/30/13 10:48 PM (107.9.16.124)

On our first cruise to SXM, I don't know how many people told us how they wasted most of their precious in-port time at the Westin timeshare pitch while we told them of our great day at Orient, Mullet, Marigot and watching planes at Maho. We crammed it in and they saw nothing - what a tragedy - literally.

Unregistered

#1531645 - 08/31/13 05:30 AM (24.240.65.240)

Interested to know what timeshare requires you to sit through the sales presentation? This cannot be done in the U.S.A. as that is cruel and unusual punishment.

soualigacapt
Traveler

Loc: Oyster Pond St. Martin
Re: timeshare presentation - Westin [Re: Timman31]
      #1531647 - 08/31/13 06:41 AM (190.102.4.213)

Timeshare pitches on the street on the dutch side are illegal. Don't fall for them.

wabid
Traveler

Re: timeshare presentation - Westin [Re: soualigacapt]
      #1531649 - 08/31/13 07:26 AM (72.252.14.172)

Went to P-burgh yesterday and it reminded me why we don't go.... Fortunately no cruise ships were in so we didn't "win" anything.

--------------------
Do what you can/ With what you have. Where you are. - T. Roosevelt

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
6 registered and 90 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 12952

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline