Hi, Robin,

What a lovely report and thanking you for sharing your trip, your experiences and your observations. I think Ed needs to have a little chat with my DH about relaxing and how to do a lengthy vacation because once we get to the tenth day, he starts getting antsy and by two weeks he's more than ready to leave. Three weeks would be like a dream come true ........but we haven't gotten there yet.

Too bad about your beach day at Anse Marcel but at least lunch was perfection and we've had similar days to what you described at Dreams, as well. The trick there, I think, is to go with a group or an island 'super star' (which we've done, too - TY Sharon Harris) and they will bend over backwards to be accommodating, and it definitely helps to go on a day when Bruno is there, or at least, this has been our personal experience, even at dinner.

It's sad you had the uncomfortable feeling this trip that seems to be happening to visitors more often of late. I don't know if there's any connection but I've read crime definitely seems to pick up in the low season when times are leaner, kids are footloose with little to do and there is more opportunity for 'things' to happen. It's too bad and in honesty, we've had a few occasions when we felt a little edgy, too. Not enough to give up our favorite vacation spot yet, but enough tenseness on our part to understand where you're coming from. On vacation, or anywhere for that matter, we need to be aware but that shouldn't translate into being alarmed and sadly, I'm reading that in too many posts of late.

And again, thank you for sharing your beautiful trip with us.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."