I've been following this on the Facebook side. I know there aren't many people on the island but I'm surprised that I haven't read anything about someone asking what's going on with all of the police activity from nettle bay to terres bases. I would think the place would be swarming with every available body searching. For an island already struggling with fewer visitors, a European "Natalie Hollaway" story could do a lot of damage.

While abduction is possible, my first efforts would be a very extensive search along the roadside. She may have been struck by a vehicle and launched into dense vegetation. Searchers on foot to start with. Also, get a bucket truck or two. Move slowly down the road with the bucket around 20 feet high and over the right side of the vegetation. She may be badly hurt but still alive.

It must be very frustrating for the parents. I know that if I was on my home turf, I could initiate a call for help from family, school associates, work associates, youth soccer etc. I could have hundreds of people searching with a few hours. On the island, I'm at the mercy of the police response. I'd still be reaching out locally where I could though. It's in every islanders self interest to have her found as quickly as possible.

If I was on island, I'd be out there searching.