Hi all,

Detroit was very rainy, the people were very nice (even as I rocked my Tribe hat), and the People Mover is awesome. We had a very short stay, arrived around 3:30 Friday and left 7:30am Saturday (had to make it home in time for college homecoming).

We went straight to Pizzapapolis and got a Chicago style sausage and green pepper with a pitcher of Oktoberfest from a Michigan brewery (forget which one sigh)...very good and stuffed.

Checked into the Courtyard Marriott on Jefferson and chilled for an hour, then had some $2 Labatt's at the hotel bar.

Hopped on the PeopleMover and got off at Grand Circus and walked to the Fox Theater and saw Brian Wilson perform.

Walked from the Fox to Lafayette Coney and torched the roof of my mouth on the first bite, but a damn good coney dog.

Took the mover back to the hotel and passed out.

Got up early and went to Fishbone's for breakfast, which was supposed to open at 6:30 yet all doors were locked??? What the heck! Wandered around Greektown a little and ended up getting pastries at Astoria and then hit the road.

All in all quick but fun!