Ok. I might have gotten a little clarification on this. I called Royal Palm, and while I was given some conflicting information, I was told they are now charging a $10 daily "resort fee". When I asked what it included and when it was implemented is when the conflicting information came into play. It supposedly covers wi-fi, "the lobby" (whatever that means) and use of the pool and other amenities.

The $100 deposit you mentioned I did see listed on a "groupon" offering but it also mentioned a 20% tax, which would imply the rental is being done as a hotel room and not as a timeshare rental or exchange.

Below is from the groupon listing.

Taxes: 20% tax not included.

Cancellation policy & fees: 48-hour cancellation notice required or fee of applicable 1-night stay up to the Groupon price applies.

Additional fees: $100 refundable incidental deposit required on major credit or debit card at check-in.

$10 daily resort fee plus tax not included.

Perhaps someone who recently stayed there can add to this but as of March 2016 there was NOT any $10 daily resort fee. The person I spoke with was unsure when the daily fee was implemented and implied it was "earlier this year" but she could not give me a specific date.

The $50 timeshare tax would still apply if rented as a timeshare.

J.D.