Over the weekend I made the chicken Marsala recipe that Brian posted a couple of weeks ago. It was delicious! I followed the recipe pretty much spot on. I did use Pancetta rather than Prosciutto. I did pound on the breasts a bit more than I should and they came out larger than large pancakes. Just had to adjust the cook time, that's all. And good thing I had a 12 inch skillet so I could cook them all at once. Though it was only Marge and I, I made the whole recipe rather than try to use my non-existent math skills to cut it. That's where leftovers come in. I used criminis and made sure not to over cook them. They were firm and meaty. I also wasn't stingy with the quantity. And then for dessert, the world famous, (or at least TTOL famous) Apricot Rum Cake by Contessa! When I bake I don't like to stray from the original recipe too much so I made the cake exactly as written. Contessa doesn't specify what kind of rum, but for this cake I use Gosling's Black Seal Rum from Bermuda. I also used a serving fork rather than a dinner fork to poke holes in the cake. I really wanted that rum glaze on the inside as well as the outside. So, a big thanks to Brian and Contessa for their virtual feeding me this past weekend. These recipes can be found in the new recipe section of the index at the bottom of the page. Give them both a try, folks. I did, and will again.

Wayne <><