I knew that it was a matter of time before SXM would become more like Canada .... we have had these reusable bags in our grocery stores for years. The biggest problem is remembering to bring them in from the car, but over time we do get trained. I brought down reusable bags years ago to SXM as I did hate the numerous plastic bags floating around the island. I figured that was the least I could do to help SXM's environment. Now if we can only get the SXM government to pass legislation to start a better recycling system. The first thing is to start charging a return on wine and beer bottles/cans. I guarantee that you would not have the problem of bottles lying by the side of the road. I can remember arriving on the island years ago and going into the Grand Marche to buy a case of Caribe. There was nary a one to be found. When I asked one of the stock boys he said , "oh the company ran out of bottles, they should be back in a couple of weeks." I thought geez, lose all that profit because you don't have a return system.