I have a serious question but it may have the effect of eliciting some discussion. My wife and I will be taking our seventh trip to SXM where it is our custom to lie on the Club O beach every day for a week. We usually go in Sept/Oct when there are less people. We love the Club O beach because it affords us the opportunity to be naked in a place where we can also be anonymous. It would not do for anyone back home to know we do this.

We are not antisocial and we will enjoy the occasional conversation with those who may be set up nearby, but we would rather keep to ourselves and enjoy our time together. So we set up down toward the Papagayo end of the beach and away from the water to avoid walker/gawkers.

We are in our early 60’s. My wife is still gorgeous but I am way overweight (5’11”/300 lbs). For reasons I will never understand she still loves me, but I am self-conscious about it. When I go to Papagayo’s, or anywhere else, I put on an oversize tee shirt and walk about “Donald Duck” style (shirt, no pants). But when we get in and out of the water I have to do so sans tee shirt. My wife assures me that most people on that beach are there to BE naked, not to SEE naked.

So here’s my question, if you were set up somewhere in our vicinity, would you rather I kept my shirt on when I am not in my chair? I know the PC answer is “do what you want, no one cares,” but please be frank with me. Should good decorum and thoughtfulness for others dictate that I keep my tee shirt on? You don’t know me and I don’t know you so please be frank. I will not be offended.