Update:

We chartered with DYC out of SXM and were very happy. No issues whatsoever.

We have in the past chartered with The Moorings/Sunsail out of Oyster Pond. I decided to try DYC as the price of the boat was half the price due to a promotion DYC was offering. The price was just too good to pass up.

Yes DYC is inside the lagoon, but had no problems with the procedures exiting. DYC was more than happy to ensure we were ready to go in the morning to make it through the 10:00 and 10:30 am openings of Causeway and Simpson Bay Bridges.

They factor in a sleep aboard so that we were able to familiarize ourselves with the boat the night before, in the morning during check out we were able to finish the boat briefing. Their offices open at 8:00 am which makes it easy to accommodate the boat briefing and departure in time for the bridge openings. We were visiting in low season so there were fewer openings but we did not find this to be an inconvenience.

Regarding refueling, the fuel dock is inside the lagoon close to their base. Once you re-enter the Port Royal Marina via the Causeway bridge, a Skipper from DYC boards the vessel and motors to the fuel dock to top the tanks.

We chartered a 4.5 Bali luxe with flybridge and for the most part, were very happy with it. It was very spacious and comfortable for our group of 7. The sails were undersized and sailing performance not the greatest but all in all we had a wonderful time. Would I purchase a Bali - no but I would charter one again.