Two schools of thought come to mind.

Having been a Pasanggrahan guest, they do provide free chairs and umbrellas on their portion of beach but you tend to see a lot of cruise ship guests wandering through the boardwalk in that general area. Not a bad thing and not at all problematic to me but to some this might be a turn-off. If you fall into that category another beach might not be a bad idea, assuming you have a car and don't mind moving around.

Personally speaking, if there are a lot of ships or particularly large ones in, I'm thinking Orient might be a more crowded option too since the cruise ships often promote 'the nude beach' as a place to go and see, if not be seen. And almost everyone has heard of and wants to see 'a real nude beach'........ even if Orient is really a 'clothing optional' choice. Taxis drop passengers off along the beach in pretty sizable numbers all day long.

If you really want to avoid the crowds, you might want to select one of the less crowded beaches like Baie Rouge or Simpson Bay Beach. My personal favorite is Friars on a good day........

My favorite island beach is Mullet but unfortunately, if its a really busy cruise ship day you will probably see three or four party boats there bringing their cruise ship excursion guests to this beach.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."