Thank you all for your take on this matter and I respect everyone's thoughts. For me, Bobcat hit the nail on the head with either they are sticking their nose up at French laws or deceiving the customer. They are upfront on their website. I can't recall if it was on the menu at the restaurant but it was front and centre with the bill. It did cause a little anxiety after an otherwise perfect meal. Will I return? I'd love to return but whether it be real or imagined, I can't help but feel that I've been tricked.
I appreciate those who recommended Love Hotel, Calmos Cafe and Rainbow for post meal cocktails. We will probably mix it up and stay in the restaurants for drinks after the meal and/or visit the other options.
This forum continues to amaze me with the wealth of information that the members are more than happy to share. Once again, thanks to all that have contributed on all the subjects. We were able to land on the island running instead of trying to figure everything out on our own. Cheers!