sunbvi said:
Hi Stormjib,

you recommended to not anchore next days where the wind can make a lee shore to the north or south.

My plan is to go deep inside into Great Harbor of Peter Island and put the anchor to the east. So I would have a maximum of 90 degrees to the anchor when swinging to south or north.

Do you have any concerns about this approach?

I realize this is likely too late for today. No one should try to tell you a spot is safe to anchor in without actually being on the boat at that time. So I will not say any spot is "fine to anchor" from my desk in NYC.

My worry with anchoring anywhere until the trades fill in and settle is the boats are likely to swing 360 during the night until the weather settles. That may be fine if you have great holding? Great Harbor is exposed to the North with some protection from the Northeast. A sunset some models are showing light and variable. Other models a real east breeze. The current conditions in every direction is almost no wind from the east to the south depending on the location. This is the dictionary definition of unsettled weather. A great couple of days for protected mooring balls that let you swing 360 without thinking about it.

Here are the two models I have for tonight?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Some text forecasts do not show the trades showing up until Monday now.