Quinoa & Black Beans is a favorite of ours...can be served hot, room temp or cold...does not matter...very good!
This should serve 10

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup frozen corn kernels
2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed (sometimes I only use one can) and drained
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Directions:
1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and saute until lightly browned.
2. Mix quinoa into the saucepan and cover with vegetable broth. Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes,
3. Stir frozen corn into the saucepan, and continue to simmer about 5 minutes until heated through. Mix in the black beans and cilantro.

Note: I am sure you can add a jalepeno! I have served this with salsa, avacado, sour cream and shredded cheese in separate bowls so my guests can choose how they want to top their Quinoa and Black Beans.

If your quinoa has not be washed, you should let it sit in cold water, so the outer shell comes off and it is not bitter...all the quinoa I have purchased at Fairway and Trader Joes has been washed and there is no need to let it sit in water.