Several Thoughts.

Sling BOX will usually really work anywhere in the world, because it is not necessarily a streaming a "service" like Hulu, Netflix etc... It is just taking your home TV signals and streaming to your device. I've used it and it works just about everywhere. Pretty slick.

Sling TV is different. It is a new Sling "service" that broadcasts live TV services (NBC, CNN etc...). The reviews I have read ARE bad. Its because of limited channel selection and poor streaming quality. (That will probably change as the technology matures and other services start doing the same ...see below)

Devices like Firestick, ROKU, APPle TV etc. Are used for their own proprietary "on demand" streaming services/programs and others services such as HULU, Netflix. They typically DO NOT provide live broadcasting services, but that is about to change in the years to come . I just read an article where HULU will offer live TV in 2017 as part of their streaming services...so stay tuned.

However...

Many streaming services do have licensing restrictions that will restrict broadcast outside the US/Canada etc. NOTE: SlingBOX works because its is simply taking what you would normally play on your home TV and streaming it to you and you only...the sling BOX does not care where you are or what your are watching)

There are ways around country restrictions. Warning geek stuff to follow: Restricted streaming services know you are in another country based on the internet (IP) address of your physical location. If say you plug in your Firestick and try to bring up service, and it slams the door its because the Firestick reported your IP address and subsequently its location is deduced to be in St Martin. Door shut. The thing is not all services work that way so while I was able to watch Netflix in SXM, the NFL network gets blocked.

You can get around that restriction VIA your PC/Laptop if you connect it via a VPN to your work, home office etc. Thus the service thinks you are in the US and you can watch the Packer game :-). If you don't know what a VPN is... that's a whole 'nuther thread ;-)

Regarding cables etc. Most new PCs have an HDMI port or in my case I have MacBook and you can purchase a lightning to HDMI connector through Amazon, Monoprice etc...(not expensive) Remember to pack an HDMI cable.

Finally word of warning. Services and restrictions change almost daily, so I KNOW I am not 100% correct. SO feel free to politely correct me if I am wrong.

Never walk onto a job site with empty hands. - Source Unknown