cwoody said:
Couple years ago we did two days moored at Anegada. During the second night the genset on the boat quit working. (actually I noticed no water circulation and shut it down)

Next day we sailed over to Leverick and had Mooring service come over to take a look. His first question was.."have you been to Anegada ? Raw water intake for genset was completely backedup and clogged with seagrass up to the filter. Was a real pain to get it cleared out.

Any one else experience this?

Yup... Twice at Anegada. Once a few years ago and this past summer we had the genny kick off in the middle of the night. The next morning I looked at it and discovered the sea strainer full of grass. I cleared it out but it still didn't fix the problem - the generator still kicked off after a few seconds due to low water flow. So I kept looking and discovered the through hull was stuffed full of grass as well which was a real pain to get unplugged and involved pulling the supply line off the valve and clearing the grass I could see repeated three times. It was not possible to clear the through hull from the outside. Not sure if a screen on the through hull would have been beneficial (?). When I returned the boat to CYOA a few days later they immediately inspected/replaced the genny impeller which turned out was slightly damaged. The CYOA folks don't take any chances!

Similar, back in October I had the AC stop working. That wasn't at Anegada but same problem - the AC strainer was full of grass. That time it was only the strainer and the fix was about two minutes once I figured out where the strainer was located. I ask about all the strainers during the check out process for every boat I take out. For some reason I didn't catch the location of the AC strainer on that trip/boat.

A little worrisome that your generator didn't shut itself down. It should have.

Life's short - sail more!