I recently returned from Tortola, BVI and had to write about the incredible experience I and my group had at Sugar Plum Villa and with Cheryl of PurplePineapple.com. Sugar Plum is a wonderful 2 bedroom, 2 bath villa in the West End of Tortola facing the north shore in Apple Bay. Located just a short drive from the West End ferry dock on the hill between Apple Bay and Long Bay, it is convenient to all of what the West End has to offer. Long Bay Resort, Sebastian's Villas and Restaurant, Bomba Shack and Coco Plums Restaurant are definitely walkable for the adventurous. Smuggler's Cove, Soper's Hole and The Jolly Roger Inn are just a little further by car.

Once you get up the hill out of Apple Bay, it's just a turn into the driveway and up the narrow drive to the twin villas, Sugar Plum and Sugar Apple. Walking in to Sugar Plum, you pass the handy outdoor gas grill which got plenty of use by us. At the end of the short hall way you see the huge hammock which hangs right on the edge of a balcony beyond which you see Apple Bay. The view and sounds and breeze are incredible. The entire front of the villa is a balcony that is open to the dining room, living room and kitchen. Day and night you get to enjoy the sight and sound of surf and feel ocean breezes while being able to check out if anything exciting might be going on at Bomba's or Sebastian's or Coco Plums!

The kitchen, living room and dinging area are wide open with plenty of comfortable living space. The villa has all the amenities you can imagine so you can settle right in and hit the ground running on your vacation. TV, VCR, DVD, stereo, iPod dock, books, games, refridgerator, microwave, coffee maker, dishes, cookware, gas stove, blender (very important!), small liquor cabinet, etc., etc. all there!

The 2 identical bedrooms are off of the living room. They are very roomy and have king 4-poster beds. Both have spacious, fully stocked en suite bathrooms with open walk-in tiled showers. They both also have large walk-in closets. There are air conditioners but between the ceiling fans and the ocean breezes, you probably won't need them.

But the best parts of Sugar Plum were our hosts and brokers through PurplePineapple.com, Cheryl and, her husband, Wakumba. They are the warmest, most gracious and attentive hosts imaginable. Cheryl cannot do enough for you to make sure your stay and vacation is perfect. Frankly, she spoiled the heck out of us and I'm reluctant to mention all she did for us for fear that she'll feel compelled to do the same for all her future renters! Whatever the villa doesn't have or that you run out of, she is on the case. Even if she wasn't such a gracious host and simply just our villa broker, our stay at Sugar Plum would have still been absolutely amazing.

I would strongly recommend Sugar Plum Villa and Cheryl at PurplePineapple.com for a vacation in Tortola!