One of the big issues (at least, in my mind) is that none of the laws about going to Cuba has changed. Not one. The only thing that changed was that, under the Obama administration, the paperwork and rules for pre-approval were loosened up. As a result, a whole lot of people are going there for a vacation, and calling it "cultural exchange."

Okay. What if the Trump administration decides to change the rules back? He can do that. Like I said, the laws have not changed. The State Dept. could then decide to go back and review the visits of some of these people. Do you have all of the required documentation? Previously you had to show it before you went. Now you don't, but the law still requires you to have it, and still requires that it can pass review.

Well, how do you know if it can pass a review, if you didn't ever get it reviewed in the first place? Oops! You could be subject to severe fines, because you didn't engage in an acceptable degree of "cultural exchange" while you were there!

I don't want to get political, but this is the problem when a president decides that he is going to change the rules, without getting Congress to actually change the laws. Those rules can be changed to something else anytime, and you never really know for sure what is required of you and what is not.

That is one reason why I don't have any plans to visit Cuba until the laws are actually changed.