As a Canadian, we feel your frustration albeit it is a different situation for us. We live in Windsor so do not have the option of using WestJet unless we drive to Toronto which does not make a whole lot of sense. Detroit Metro is only a 20 minute drive away. For many years we used USAir and were treated very well. Since merging with AA life has become increasingly difficult. We have been a Dividend Miles holder with USAir and now AA, however that does not help us much. When I would book tickets with USAir, I could use an American credit card and pay the amount that was indicated on their website. Since AA took over that is not the case since they will only accept Canadian funds for the flight. So the point to my story is this .... last week I was checking on flights for the fall and lo and behold found a $587 U.S flight. Of course I rapidly fill out the info online only to be told at the end that it will not accept this since I must rebook using a Canadian address and money. So frustrated, I do this and the price comes up in Canadian funds, however when it reconverts on my U.S credit card the amount I am now charged was $697 U.S. So basically we were screwed out of $100 U.S each. Do not tell me to call customer service as they do not understand what was in place with the old USAir and said that this the way they do this. Take it or leave it basically is their attitude. I only wish I could send an e-mail or letter to the CEO of AA to let him know how Canadian customers are being treated. Sorry about the rant but I do not have this issue with Delta. And no Delta does not offer the same flight perks as AA in travelling to SXM from DTW. So when you East coast people brag about JetBlue, we Canadians are jealous both because of the direct flights offered and much lower fares.