RonDon.....i respectfully have to disagree with you. Even though timeshares are ''owners''.....they (we) are NOT residents of SXM...just visitors with a few extra perks thrown in. Believe me when i say I don't like the idea of this monstrosity beign built either.....but.....it would be up to the government...and the real RESIDENTS of SXM to voice their opinions. We as Americans don't have the right to tell other governments what they can build and what they can't build. It should be totally up to the people of the island to decide on their future. Those are the people that will still be living there long after we stop ''visiting'' our home away from home. SXM is obviously looking out for their survival...and they know it's tourism that brings in the people...and its the people that make or break the economy. For all of us that have called SXM their second homes....and have visited constantly in the last 10, 15, 20 or more than 25 years, we have seen our paradise taken away, and booming. We may not like it....but the people who make their living off our hard spent dollars surely do for their survival. Bringing in thousands more touritst, visitors, or residents that will spend hundreds of thousands of dollars PER DAY....is what the residents, business owners, restaurant owners, etc all looking at. I do miss the quiet days...but like everything...things change...and not usually for the better.