When I'm in the USA, I tip as I'm in the USA. When I'm in France, I tip as I'm in France. In France, service is included in the menu price and the waiters are paid a living wage plus benefits.

Tipping is a personal decision and you should decide what your policy is going to be prior to dining. As has been stated, don't ask at the restaurant about tipping. I avoid restaurants that are what I consider to be deceptive towards North Americans by stating service/tip/gratuity is not included (or something similar) on the menu. These include Sol E Luna, the Lotterie Farm, Friar's Bay Beach Café, Le Ti Bouchon, and Papagayo.

My preference for French St. Martin dining is to tip around 5% if the service was good. Some posters here tip nothing while others tip 20% or more. You should tip what you feel is right after learning basic French customs. Also, if I'm presented a bill that has a hand written note or rubber stamp that service/tip/gratuity is not included, I tip nothing as I feel that is deceptive and it's probably not done to European patrons.