I'm not sure if your question has to do with just Flamingo or on the island in general. I've never been at Flamingo at Christmas time, but I will 'assume' that they will have tree in the reception area, etc. Christmas in general is a big deal in SXM, yes, the same as in the US. There are lots of decorations around, there are live trees available on the island, yes. Your individual room will not be decorated, so you may want to bring along a little tiny tree or other cheap Christmas decorations for your room, just for fun. There is a house over on the French side which is decorated to the hilt, which you should go over and see, as it is great fun. Not sure if they still do it or not, but they also used to sing Christmas carols on Christmas Eve at Mary's Boon! One thing regarding the time between Christmas and New Year's--it is the BUSIEST time of year for restaurant reservations. If you want to eat at a high end restaurant that week, you MUST make reservations, and likely you will need to make them from home. This is the only time of year that this would be the case. Traffic is also about the worst of any time of year.

Carol Hill