wmangum said:
justaroofer said:
In my opinion, I would skip Anegada this time. It's a long slog and not worth it for your first charter, especially since it's a little short.

Why does everyone think Anegada is so far away? In the normal wind conditions, it is only a little over 2 hours from the North Sound. Sailing from Anegada to JVD takes about the same amount of time as from the North Sound.

I would blow off Marina Cay, go directly to the North Sound, and then to Anegada.

Anegada will be most likely the most memorable stop on your charter.

Anegada isn't "so far away", but it is a longer slog coming back to JVD than from North Sound; about an hour+ more. For me and mine, Anegada was fine. Dean Wheatley could not have been nicer or better to us. Went to Cow Wreck; check. We had a lot more fun at Big Bamboo where we spent some time at the bar with the fire juggling hippy dude. His act was great. Our lobster dinner ashore was dissapointing, but the steak dinner we prepared aboard the next night was great. We had fun on the trip back down to JVD, but it was a long rolly one.
All in all, we had fun and I think everyone is glad we did it, but I don't think anyone is chomping at the bit to go back.

Like I said... My 2 cents, I would blow off Anegada. There is always next time.

Regarding Marina Cay; we like it. The little house on the hill and it's story is very cool. Pusser's has been anywhere from good-great to us. It's a great place to chill and watch your little ones enjoy the ocean. Trellis Bay is always cool. We've dinghy'd over to Little Camanoe, which was fun. There's Scrub Island. It's a quick jaunt over to grab a ball at The Baths if that's how you choose to see them. And finally, in my opinion, for first timers it's a good mooring field.

Oh, and as I eluded to earlier, the carter company may not approve a trip to Anegada. Plus, some crew may not be comfortable with "being out of sight of land", which on a tall power cat I doubt would happen.