Congratulations on your anniversary and your first trip! Most likely it won't be your last!

First, I personally think you have chosen a great time of year to go to SXM, because it will not be crowded at all. Second, I hope that you know that this is close to the height of hurricane season, so I hope that you have purchased trip cancellation insurance, just in case! I see you're from Florida, so I assume you already know that. We haven't been in September in a while, but we used to ALWAYS go in September and loved it! Some restaurants will be closed, but there will still be plenty of places open. Club Orient the hotel will probably be closed when you are there, or perhaps will close around that time. No worries, the beach will still be open and there will be beach chairs and umbrellas to rent on the beach. I don't honestly know whether the Perch or Papaagayo will be open, if the Club has already closed for their holiday. I think some years they have the Perch open, even when the Club is closed, but not sure this year. Otherwise, it's very easy to pack a lunch and/or drinks and take a cooler to the beach there at Club O. Depending on how you like walking a bit, you should also make the trip over to Happy Bay and check it out.

Otherwise, don't plan too much, enjoy! Let us know if you have any specific questions.

Carol Hill