I posted information after I had shingles while on the island about 4 or 5 years ago. My wife first noticed them while on the beach at Club O. Started at my incision in my lower back, after I had back surgery, and ran almost to my ankle on my left side. Awful in the evening since the sores were very [censored]. Had to sleep on towels so as not to mess the bed. At first I thought it was from too much sun. Then my wife, who had a very mild case of shingles a few years before, said she thinks it is shingles. The funny thing is ... I had absolutely NO pain. I went to the pharmacy in Philipsburg for some type of cream to help and when I showed the pharmacist, she said it was shingles. She sent me down the street to a clinic and the doctor had to look it up on his computer before he pronounced it shingles. Told me it was too late to do anything about it. I still have awful scars all up and down my leg and my family doctor told me the numbness, and at times pain as if I am being shocked, that I still have in my foot is due to the shingles. Nothing I can do for it, not even Lyrica. I now have a hard time walking. I got a shot AFTER the event since you can get it over and over I was told. Make sure you get a shot. Wouldn't wish it on anyone! Click on my blog link directly below this story and type in shingles in the white search block at the top left. Scroll down thorugh a few stories and you can see what they looked like when first had them.