I despise having to wear a vest or any flotation device while snorkeling - but the ones that you get on many boats (in our experience for example on ship excursions all around Caribbean) you can leave uninflated and they do not interfere too much. At the snorkel place on Pinel, he had actual vests, which of course are necessarily buoyant and cannot be "uninflated." The wife does not like wearing a vest, but does not mind much because she does not free dive. Last year, I simply did not do the snorkeling with her inside the buoy lines in part because of the vest requirement. This year, I put up with it but I probably will not do it again. I can understand their reasoning because they get a lot of inexperienced people who (other than any issue of their swimming ability) would damage the reef more than they do if they were not required to wear a vest. They do not feel that they can make exceptions.

None of the excursions with snorkeling that we took on this trip permit nude snorkeling. "Historically," people have treated Green Cay as clothing optional and snorkeled nude to and off the rocks of Green Cay. In recent years, however, (just anecdotally when we are there) I have seen very few people nude on Green Cay or snorkeling there, perhaps primarily because of the loss of beach there and the fact that fewer people go over there for any reason - although there is a bit of beach there now which people go over to, with kayaks primarily.

When we are going to swim over to Green Cay and be snorkeling in the water for 2 hours or more, we are wearing rash guard long sleeve shirts and swim suits. I cannot be swimming in the water that long without that kind of protection from the sun. The wife with her Irish ancestry (nobody's perfect) basically has to keep pretty covered up most of the time both in the water and on the beach or she will burn.

The only regularly scheduled (regularly scheduled, but only go when there are enough people) clothing optional excursions that include snorkeling of which I am aware are with the Tiko Tiko and Captain Alan. Other boats certainly will do private charters as clothing optional - such as Random Wind, Celine, or, I am sure, others.

Again, just anecdotally, my sense is that fewer people on this board and generally are interested in a clothing optional snorkel excursion than in the past - seems like years ago, it was much easier to get a group together or join a group. Others may not have the same sense.

Long answer to short question.