I attempted to email the following to the Daily Herald at the email as shown and it was returned so here goes - I hope!!

The need for this legislation is long past due and everyone knows it but as a reasonably happy timeshare owner here on the island, I thoroughly resent the idea of the government turning it into one more cash cow opportunity to enhance their coffers.

At $200.00 per week per owner, times all the many timeshare units on St. Maarten, that's a heck of a lot of monies to be squandered and with no assurance of any protections beyond those of the government getting more than it's fair share.

Personally speaking, I see this as one more nail in the coffin of an already failing island entity, and if enacted, I hope the government is shovel-ready to bury time sharing on St. Maarten once and for all. This could well be the straw that breaks the back of the already over burdened timeshare owners given the high AMFs, escalating airfares, departure fees and taxes and the list goes on ad nauseam.

Most respectfully,

Patricia and John Denley

Sent from my iPad

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."