Need to (still) write a trip report but thought I'd separate out our Peter Island experience. Made a slip reservation for Mon 4/24 about a month before. We arrived mid-day, radioed in and were told to head to the left side of the long dock. Slips are too narrow for a cat, so you'll be alongside the main dock. Dock fee was $125 + $70 for power. Gentleman that helped us in said water was included and trash could be dumped at no charge. HOWEVER, after looking at the notice posted in the office and at their website, water is listed at $1/gallon (!!) and trash at $5/bag. Apparently, Jackson the harbormaster was off that day and this gentleman wasn't really sure of things. We paid with cash from our boat kitty which I think was unusual for them - they ask you to fill out a form with name, address, boat and credit card number.
The showers at the marina are wonderful - they're outdoor unisex showers, large and water pressure is great! Upstairs in the marina building there's a unisex full bathroom with shower also.
We at at Deadman's Beach Cafe for lunch - it's pricey, but the food is good and the service was great. There's a palapa right outside the restaurant that we settled into one day for lunch and Keisha our server made sure we had everything we needed for lunch and drinks. Dinner at Tradewinds restaurant was good - but they have a very small menu for dinners.
We used the loungers at the pool one afternoon with no one telling us we couldn't. We did get asked to leave the wicker and cushion loungers on deadman's beach, but were told we could use the white chairs if we'd like to. All in all, it really wasn't explained to us by anyone what we could and couldn't use. The resort was not crowded at all and we weren't offended when told that some things were for resort guests only.
A few days later, for our last night, we decided to try to get a mooring ball because we liked the vibe so much. Rolled in around 10:30 am - there are 4 mooring balls, although it appears that one has a small fishing boat permanently there leaving 3. Two were available - the most inside ball was only showing less than a foot of water underneath us so we opted for the ball nearest the entrance to the harbor. Mooring ball is $65/night. Had a great lunch again at Deadman's beach cafe; that night Tradewinds was closed for a private event so we went to the buffet at Deadman's beach. Pricey at $69/person and not worth it at all. I'd definitely skip that next time. They have a shuttle that will drive you to and from Deadman's if you want (nice to have at night in the dark). Now, I'm not sure what happens with swells and winds in that little harbor, but on a mooring ball it was like we were stuck in a swirling washer all night. We rolled and spun around on our mooring ball all night. It is a beautiful little harbor though.
So ....overall, we really liked Peter Island and would return again. It's especially nice to spend the last night or 2nd to last there to enjoy the nice showers!