I have found Sunday afternoon is for locals and Sunday night used to be more for visiting sailors. Norman is a popular (and easy) first night stop as, after boat check out, it is almost noon or shortly thereafter when you get away from Roadtown. In 90 minutes you can be in a picture perfect anchorage getting onto Island time. And many one week charters begin on Sundays.

During my visit this past February the locals remained into the evening and were quite aggressive with the females in our party (I was part of a 7 boat flotilla). No blows exchanged but it came close.

The afternoon was fine as not as much alcohol was consumed. By later in the evening, everyone was pretty wasted. However even in the afternoon, there were drunken ladies taking off the tops and consuming (free) body shots off one another and it got even raunchier than that at one point though that was the first time i'd seen that in an afternoon visit.

Check out the number of dinghys tied up to the WT and make your decision accordingly. With kids, Pirates on shore has a beach, gift shop and you can go for a hike. They also have a happy hour and used to (maybe they still do) have a cannon that is small (but loud) that is shot off at some point in the afternoon (maybe someone can fill in some of my missing pieces here....).

But I can see why the kids would be attracted to a pirate ship...

D