|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,067
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 1,354
Joined: March 2001
|
|
|
14 members (daveb7, mhaverla, JimandJane, shieneehead, Caribman, Granite13, BarbyandLeo, tradewinds, BELLEAMI, 5 invisible),
367
guests, and
120
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 67
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 67 |
Hello,
I am looking for some advice and/or connections. We have chartered in the BVIs a couple of times. All our experience is on monohulls. We have a cat booked this year. My wife has no formal training, I have had a few formal courses and certificates, plus I crew in races. I understand transitioning to a catamaran may not be really complex but since we are hosting a couple of people this next trip we thought we would like to get some cat time prior to December. I was hoping to get my wife and I aboard for some lessons. She could get some basic formal training from someone other than me, and I could get some cat time. We have some long term cruising dreams so I figure the more formal training the better. We are from the Toronto area but don't mind flying somewhere this summer to take course. There doesn't seem to be a great deal of Catamaran training happening locally. In summary we have different experience and abilities but would like to take a course together. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Brian
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
|
|