I actually have 2 small world stories from SXM! Many years ago (over 10 for sure) we were at the Monday Manager's party at OBBR and I won a prize. You know the drill, when you go up to receive it they ask your name and where you are from, etc. Well, I'm from Saskatchewan, Canada which is somewhat akin to being from Wyoming, population wise. Afterwards another guest comes up to me and says "you're from Edam, do you know any of the Thoms?"

Imagine her surprise when I tell her, "I AM a Thom!" It turns out that she grew up next door to my husband's cousin in another small SK town. We have remained in touch and often see each other in SXM. As it turns out, even though they live about 7 hours away from us, they have a cabin less than an hour away from us as well.

A different year at yet another Manager's party at OBBR, we arrived a bit late and most tables were taken so we asked to join a couple at a table that had space. We were all busy looking at each other and exchanging names and then realized that we knew each other! We had met up on on holiday in Barbados several years previous. But the best part was that the women knew each other casually through work which is why we had gone on that Barbados trip on their recommendation with plans to meet each other. The funny part is that it turns out it was the men that recognized each other first!

LeAnn

url=https://www.tickerfactory.com][Linked Image][/url]